Chapter 29 Part II

'Right here!' A voice invaded Lycarion's mind. When he turned his head, a sudden blur flew past his eyes and in the next second a heavy body was on his back and a tight grip on his neck.

Lycarion roared and reared up, releasing Ryan from his death grip. The Lycan twisted and turned to fight off the wolf on his back but he held on strongly.

Ryan after recovering, added in the attack and the two were able to tear Lycarion's wounds open before they could fully heal.

Full of frustration and anger, Lycarion exploded.

An invisible force of power burst out his body and sent every wolf within a five-meter radius airborne. But Lycarion's interest was immediately set on one wolf.

However, it was not the one he wanted.

Nolan struggled to get to his feet but one of his back legs were twisted in an awkward and excruciating way. He had to escape as soon as possible because the moment the Lycan realised he was not Slade; he was dead for sure. Although it didn't matter if he died, he was still able to save one of his best friends.

Lycarion's nose flared and lips curled as he eyed Nolan. His red eyes glared when the pathetic mutt shot him a crooked wolfish grin.

He charged straight for the imposter.

And that was more than enough.

Lycarion reached Nolan, his teeth heading straight for his throat.

But they never reached it.

For the second time, Lycarion was interrupted. This time the grey figure was heavily built as it smashed straight into the Lycan's side and sending him flying. The impact had Lycarion rolling to a stop as dirt and wolves were pushed out of the way.

Astonished by the power, Lycarion stood up slowly to see who the culprit was. His fur bristled and muscles trembled in unadulterated fury as his eyes connected with clouded green eyes.

It was the very same eyes that he was forced to stare into as he kneeled before him.

A low growl emitted deep within his chest.

Alpha Slade stood proud as he defended his pack.

Every Werewolf recognised him and all were relieved for him to return. They were being heavily beaten, especially since their leaders were out of the fight. The remaining Lycan's and Rogues slowly picking them off – their strategy long defeated. But now they had a chance.

The sight of Slade sent a burst of energy into every wolf. Their attacks becoming quicker and more aggressive.

There were two wolves in particular who were more than relieved to see their friend. But it was Nolan who noticed the change in Slade.

No longer did he have the light in his eyes. His body appearing stiff and tense. His attention solely on the Lycan. But the way he gazed at Lycarion could be one of complete and utter heartbreak.

Because those red eyes once held an innocent and brave soul. But now it was lost in the sea of blood and darkness.

Slade steeled his fragmented heart. His eyes misted black to hide his soul. He concentrated even harder to forget about Nine. Because he knew she was no longer there.

And he would make sure she could never return to him.

Slade was going to kill the Lycan and...his beloved Queen.

Lycarion's head tilted in curiosity. It seemed the time away from Nine had changed the Alpha. The beast was delighted to see the darkness creeping into his eyes.