Chapter 15 Part ll

Almost two hours later, Tori was ready to collapse.

Just...drop dead and then die again.

That's how exhausted she was. Not even the brats she babysat where that bad!

She made the mistake of giving Nine a makeover which wasn't much really. It included trimming her hair to look neater – her biggest challenge because Nine would not sit still. Then bathing all that nasty dirt and horrible Rogue smell on her – actually, no, that was her biggest challenge because Nine was so fascinated with the bubbles that she didn't want to get out even when the water turned cold.

Tori used up the rest of her energy reserves to magically get Nine out of the bath tub to rub lotion all over her body to help with the scars and hydrate her dry skin. She wanted to drop dead at that moment when Nine started to sample all of the creams, sniffing them before happily putting it on her body.

She would have let it go because she was too tired to do anything but three freaking bottles later! Tori just snapped, grabbing the bottle from Nine's hand and hurling it across the room in pure fury and snapped back to shocked she-wolf with a crazy look in her eyes.

Nine was quiet after that.

Tori had to wipe Nine's body with a towel to get rid of all the excess cream on her and then finally put her in a white summer dress because if she decided on pants and a top then her soul would have left her body to go and rest somewhere away from the over curious she-wolf.

"Done!" Tori gasped and looked Nine over.

Her hair was untangled and neatly cut in a modern hairstyle. Her whole body was dirt free and smelled like coconut butter because that was Tori's favourite scent – other than her mate's.

Tori realised that Nine had much more blemishes on her skin than she thought, especially on her back. Deep gashes ran all over her back in every direction, ranging from small to large, deep to shallow cuts. She flinched whenever she rubbed the cream over it because she felt like she was only hurting Nine even more but she looked like she didn't mind.

Rubbing her eyes tiredly, Tori nodded her head in satisfaction and then turned on her heels and walked into her bedroom before face planting the bed and letting out a worn-out groan.

"Tori." Nine whispered, she was actually scared of her ma-Slade's sister after she snapped. She actually wondered if Tori had a beast inside of her to.

"Huh?" was her reply. Tori's eyes were shut, her mouth was opened, letting drool drip from the side but she did not care. Ryan had seen much worse and knew not to mess with her when she was exhausted.

Feeling the bed dip, she forced one eye open to see Nine's face close to hers and looking at her innocently. Her eyes glazed over the marks on her face and Tori softened.

"Tha-nk you." Nine whispered timidly. "I-I never had a fe-male fri-end before."

She was melting.

"You're like Dex-ter" Nine continued and Tori raised an eyebrow. She could have thought of a better compliment but she would accept it anyway.

"But much sc-scarier." Nine finished with smile making her face fall.

"Thank you, Nine." She grumbled and then closed her eyes to rest.

'Ryan.' Tori contacted her mate through the link. 'Take her to Slade and don't bother me for the next three hours.' she said and then cut of the link. As much as she wanted to see Slade's reaction to Nine, Tori was drained physically making her brain shut down.

At this moment, sleep was the only thing she was thinking of.

Nine turned away from her sleeping friend to the door where she could hear someone coming. Taking a whiff of the air, she noted it was Ryan and got off the bed to stand by the door. She was so tempted to see what's inside the room but she stopped herself because it was not her domain and it would be disrespectful to her new friend. So she held back.