Chapter 20

I woke up to a pair of unfamiliar strong arms wrapped around me. I felt bad that I couldn't celebrate my winning of the art competition with my family last night due to me being upset, but gladly they understood. I felt the huge, warm body next to me tossing and turning around, followed by loud groans. "good morning baby" the deep voice whispered in my ear. For a second I began to think it was Austin because I was still half-asleep, but I knew his voice, and that definitely wasn't it.

"can you make me some breakfast?" he asked. I expected him to be woke before me and wake me up with the smell of breakfast. But no, I suppose I have to get up and make him breakfast while still half-asleep. I got up, grabbed my phone, and lazily walked downstairs. Where are his parents anyway? I gathered pans and ingredients and began stirring pancake mix. My phone vibrated on the kitchen island and I instantly picked it up hoping it was Austin, but it wasn't. It was just a notification telling me that one of my games upgraded.

I opened up my contacts and stared at Austin's name which was the 3rd on my list. I clicked it and hovered my finger above the cellphone icon. I finally sucked it up and called him. I was now in the position he was once in, and now I know how he felt when I continuously ignored him. He answered after the 4th ring. "hello" his morning voice was deep and sexy as usual. "h-hey" I said swallowing hard. "hi" he didn't seem really excited to talk to me, but I didn't blame him.

"uh how's it going?" I asked. I wasn't really the type to 'call people first' or be the 'conversation starter', so everything was just awkward. "what do you want Maya?" he questioned me, clearly annoyed. "uh nothing, just wanted to know if you were okay" I said quietly. "why wouldn't I be?" he asked. "I don't know never mind" I was starting to get emotional because I felt like he didn't care about me anymore and I missed all the attention he gave me.

There was about 5 minutes of silence before I spoke. "Austin?" I called wondering if he was still there. "huh?" he asked. "I miss you" I managed to choke out. There was a bit of shuffling and he let out a big sigh "I miss you too baby". I let out a sigh of relief but my worries came right back when he said 'but'. "you have a boyfriend and I don't know if I should even call you baby anymore. I mean I want to but, that wouldn't be right. I'm not even sure if we should talk to each other anymore". When he said that I nearly broke down right in the kitchen.

"what do you mean?" I asked finally able to talk. "I mean, I think we should stop talking" he said in an upset tone. "oh" was all I managed to say. "I gotta go, goodbye Maya" he said before hanging up without giving me a chance to say bye back. Now I definitely know how Austin felt when I refused to return his calls or texts. My eyes began to get watery and a tear fell from my cheek. I started making Travis' breakfast as I tried to hold my tears back. I felt a pair of arms go around my waist causing me to jump and turn around.

"its ok its just- have you been crying?" he asked wiping a tear from my cheek. "yeah, I just, missed you while you were upstairs for so long" I lied. He surprisingly bought it and kissed me. But I craved Austin's lips the whole time, and even before that. "its okay Maya, I'll always be here princess" he said holding my cheeks and giving me another kiss. By then breakfast was finished and we were both at the table eating. "where are your parents?" I asked. "they're visiting my sick aunt in Florida, I couldn't go because of school but I could really care less about her, she never did anything for me anyway" he said, then drank some of his orange juice.

I didn't ask him anymore questions because I didn't want him to get too into his personal life. From what I do know, he's had a rough childhood and when he talks about it, it often makes him emotional although he never wants to admit it and says that men don't get emotional. After breakfast, we both took showers, got dressed and got into his car. I gave him a kiss goodbye before getting out of the car and walking up to my front door. When I walked inside all of the lights and TV's were off. It was dead silent. I walked around and called out everybody's name wondering if they left for church or something.