Chapter 15

"let's go let's go time to get up!!!!!!" I heard Patrick scream from the hallway. I leaned up on the bed and checked the time. 6:30? really Patrick? He opened my door quickly and began banging on the wall. "Let's go Jordan get.....oh I'm so sorry I totally forgot you were sleeping in here. You can go back to bed" he said. "no that's okay, I'm already up" I got up out of Jordan's bed and walked in the hallway. Truth is......I'm tired as fuck, but this is how the family runs, so I'm gonna have to get use to it.

I opened the bathroom door and Aiden was butt naked brushing his teeth. "oh wow!" I quickly shut the door covering my eyes. I just saw my own brother naked......but he's ripped......stop it Maya!! After Aiden got out of the bathroom I apologized to him, then hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I curled my hair in spirals curls with a waterfall braid going across the side, then got dressed in blue high-waisted jeans, a black and white polka-dot crop top, and a pair of black Dr.Martens.

I ran down the stairs to a kitchen table full of mouth-watering food, which I wasn't use to at all. I walked over to the table and sat down grabbing a plate. Jordan walked into the kitchen holding his neck and groaning. "you okay there Jordan?" Patrick asked him as he sat down. "yeah I just got a little neck cramp, its nothing" he responded, putting food onto his plate. I felt so bad that I took over his bed and he had to literally break his neck and sleep on the couch.

We all sat at the table, ate, laughed and I got to know everybody a little more. The doorbell rang and I had a feeling it was Austin so I ran to open it. "hey babe" he said embracing me in a tight hug and long kiss. I love how deep his voice sounds in the morning, its so sexy. We walked into the kitchen as Austin greeted everyone. "he's gonna take me down to the University" I told Audrey and Patrick and they both shook their heads giving me my certificate and ID. Me and Austin got into his car and drove out of the drive way.

"thank you Austin" I said out of the clear blue. "for what?" he asked looking at me curiously. "for everything". He reached over and grabbed my hand placing a soft kiss on it. When we arrived at the building we walked in, hand in hand. I walked where the competition had taken place to talk to the British guy. "hi I don't know if you remember me but, Im Maya, I won the art competition last weekend and I brought my birth certificate and ID" I began to pull it out of my bag but the guy stopped me.

I looked at him, confusion filling my face. "Maya Thompson?" he asked, and I shook my head yes still confused. "Maya, you were disqualified from the competition whether you won or not" he explained. "what? why?" I asked becoming even more confused. "Apparently you used Austin Mahone to get his people to make sure that you won" he said pointing at Austin. I was so angry I stood there in shock and didn't say a word. But what made me even more mad was that Austin hadn't said anything either. He didn't even try to back me up knowing that that wasn't the truth at all.

"I did not, tell him Austin" I said staring at Austin who refused to talk or make eye contact with me. "can we have a minute" I told the British guy before pulling Austin to the side. "why aren't you saying anything? you are on my side right?" I asked him. Yet he still stood there not making eye contact. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. My eyes widened at the thought that came to my head. "Did you use your people to make me win??" I asked, clearly infuriated. "seriously Austin? I didn't really win?". He sadly shook his head.

"why?". "I didn't want you to lose. I knew getting into this college would make you so happy so I had to make sure you'd win" he said trying to hold my waist but I backed up. "I wouldn't have if you would've just believed in me". I almost started to cry.

"I know and I do-"

"if you did, then you would've let me do it on my own, win or lose"

I walked away from Austin and out the doors. Paparazzi were standing out there with their cameras flashing, blinding me. I covered my eyes as I started walking. I felt a pair of hands grab my arms and instantly knew it was Austin. "you have to get in the car, if you walk they'll follow you and they won't stop" Austin whispered in my ear. I huffed my breath as he grabbed my hand and walked me to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in as he walked to the other side and got into the driver's seat.

"look-". "just please don't talk to me and take me home" I yelled looking out the front window of the car. He sighed then started the car taking me home. The whole car ride was silent as he pulled up in front of my house. I quickly opened the door but he stopped me. He reached into the backseat of the car and pulled Angel out. I looked at the bear almost beginning to cry. "please take it Maya" he said sadly. I snatched the bear from his hand and got out of the car slamming the door behind me.

I walked into my house and my family was at the table playing a card game. "hey Maya, come play with us" Hayes said. "I'm not really the card game type of person". The people that raised me are total dickheads. "come on it'll be fun" Hayes got up and grabbed my hand to lead me to a seat. I sat down as Aiden dealt the cards.

"what are we playing?" I asked. "pittypat" Audrey answered. Pitty what? Jordan seemed to have noticed the confused look on my face, so he explained the game to me and after a few rounds I started to get it. I won the 5th round and I started to like the game more and more. After I won that round I kept winning rounds after that, luckily they weren't putting money up. "wow, you're getting good Maya" Patrick gave me a high five. By the 16th round it was getting dark and time for bed.

I grabbed Angel and went into Jordan's room sitting her on the bed. I took off my clothes and put on a towel, headed to the bathroom for a shower. When I got out I ran into Jordan. "my bad" he said beginning to walk down the stairs. "wait" I called out to him, "do you want to, you know, sleep in here" I hesitated. "I told you my neck is fine" he said placing his hands on my shoulders. "I know but, I don't want to take over your room or bed and make you suffer on the couch".

"Maya, I'm fine" he said looking straight into my eyes.

"Ok now I'm not even insisting it you're sleeping in there and that's final" I ordered. He raised his eyebrows and I walked into the bathroom and took my shower. After, I finished changing, I laid down with Angel in my arms. "you can come in now" I yelled to Jordan, who was out in the hall waiting. He walked into the room and cut the light off getting on the floor.

"seriously dude? the whole point of me telling you to sleep in here is so you don't have to sleep uncomfortably" I told him. He got up from the floor and laid on the bed next to me. "good".

"why do you have that bear?" he asked turning around to face me. I was laying on my back with Angel in my arms. "its none of your business" I told him politely. He chuckled then closed his eyes. His heavy breathing began to remind me of Austin's. I just wanted to be surrounded by Austin's warmth and listen to his heart beat. "can you sing to me?" I asked him out of the clear blue.

"what?"

"you heard me"

"I'm not singing to you" he whispered, his eyes still closed.

"why not?" I asked.

"because I don't sing"

I sighed and turned to face him. I grabbed his cheek causing him to open his eyes. "you have flabby cheeks".

"and you're an annoying little sister" he joked removing my hand from his face. "ugh don't say that, I'm not even that much younger than you".

"you're young enough, now go to sleep" he put his whole hand on my face and pushed me away. "meanie".

;) muahh