Chapter 22

The next day I walked into school with a huge hangover, alongside some other students also. Most of them stayed home or in jail because they've had recent drinking problems. I on the other hand, didn't just feel like I had a hangover, I looked like it too. I was so day-dreamy. I didn't take a shower, eat breakfast, and I wore blue jeans and one of Jordan's football sweaters. That's it. No shirt. But of course a bra.

My hair was a wreck, but I managed to put it into a messy bun after I washed out vomit that I accidentally got on it. As I walked in the hallway I saw Travis leaning up against my locker, on his phone again. Once our eyes met, I quickened my pace ignoring him. But I was stupid for that because he sat next to me in almost every class.

"Maya wait! just talk to me!" he yelled behind me. "what is there to say Travis!?" I screamed without turning around. I honestly didn't know why I was mad and not talking to him. He just got on my nerves at times. "why are you even mad at me?" he asked when I finally stopped. "why wouldn't I be?" I asked not making eye contact with him. He just stared at me waiting for me to tell him why I was mad at him.

"you left me" I said seriously, trying not to make it seem like I just made that excuse up. "I had to! you heard what the cops said!" he yelled drawing attention from the people in the halls. "but you could've came to see if I was okay! you didn't even try come to my house!" I screamed. He looked around at all the people staring at us. They couldn't believe that he was losing at something for once.

So because of that, he said the one thing I never thought would ever come out of his mouth. "why do you have to be such a bitch all the time, I mean I know you're pregnant with my child but we don't have to argue like this!" he yelled loud so loud that students were exiting their classrooms to see what was going on. "pregna-" he put his hand over my mouth, "maybe we shouldn't talk about this here" he said pulling me over to a hall where no one was.

"why the hell did you say that?!" I yelled. "look now's not the right time to talk about this, but I'll tell you later" he said trying to quickly get to his class but I pulled him from his book bag. "no, tell me now!" I demanded. "promise me you won't say anything" he said. "no tell me why you just basically told everyone that I'm carrying your child".

"my mom's kind of a nut job" He began. It kind of caught me off guard but I continued to listen anyway. "she doesn't like me very much and she doesn't think I can ever make her happy. I've been trying to get her to be proud of me for so many years and now I finally can". I gave him a look, telling him to keep going.

"she's always wanted to be a grandmother" he finally said. "what the hell does that have to do with yelling it out to the whole school?!" I screamed. "trust me, rumors spread quick, even for adults" he said. "I'm not pretending to be pregnant for you Travis". His face went blank and he became really angry. "now you're really being a bitch!" he yelled at me banging on the lockers beside us.

I just stared at him angrily and walked away. I heard him say a few curse words and he punched the lockers again. I understand that he loves his mom and wants to make her happy, but I wasnt gonna risk my high school llife pretending I was pregnant.

***

Travis hadn't come to any of our classes after that and I swear if someone else asks me if I'm pregnant, I'm gonna throw a desk at them. After detention I walked into the parking lot, but I didn't see Jordan's car there. I called him over 20 times and he still hadn't answered. I stood there looking horrible as ever, in the school parking lot. "need a ride?" a deep voice said and I turned around. My biology teacher Mr.Crawford, was standing in front of his car with the keys in the door.

I shook my head'no' and said no thank you'. Sitting in a car with a teacher that had a huge belly gut and spit whenever he talked didn't sound good at all. I just started to walk home instead. As I walked, the clouds started to get darker and I felt little drops on my face so I pulled my hood over my head. As the time passed by it started raining extremely hard and I was now running home soaking wet in a huge, heavy sweater. When I finally reached the door I quickly opened it and ran into the house, where I saw Jordan quickly sprint down the stairs. "Maya-". "don't talk to me!" I yelled running past him, up the stairs, and into the bathroom.