Chapter 11

TGIF

Today's Friday, the day before the weekend starts. The day where you can start sleeping as long as you want, and staying up as long as you'd like. But what's better, is not having school on Monday to top it all off. I HATE Mondays. I hate it as much as Harry Potter hates Lord Voldemort. Pff who am I kidding I know nothing about Harry Potter. I'm currently doing a project on it that I have to turn in by Monday. Total weekend ruiner.

Today was pretty normal, I did the same routine that I'll probably have to do for the rest of my life. Get up, wash up, dress up, eat, ignore little sister, park, go to all my classes, leave school, go home to stupid parents, eat booty amount of food, draw, sleep and repeat. Its getting pretty sickening if you ask me. Why can't life be less................like life. I'm finally finished my painting I've been working on for the art competition all week and I think the judges or whomever, is really going to like it. It expresses how I feel most of the time in my life and its straight from the heart.

I practically spent the rest of the day in my room painting on my walls and waiting for Austin to call me, but he didn't. He usually always calls me before I go to sleep, but he hasn't called me yet. I didn't wanna call or text him first because I didnt wanna seem like a clingy person. So I washed and got ready for bed, and as if on cue, Austin called me as soon as I got under the covers. "hello?" I answered trying not to sound like I'd been waiting all my life for him to call me.

"hey, I just wanted to say goodnight and I'm so sorry I won't get the chance to talk to you tonight, but I'll pick you up tomorrow morning okay?" he said, with a lot of noise in his background. "okay" I sad sadly. "I'm sorry baby I- sweet dreams" he stuttered. "night" I said before the line went dead. I exhaled deeply and turned around to get comfortable on my bed. All I could really think about besides Austin was that competition, but i managed to get some good sleep.

***

I woke up at 9:00 and got dressed meeting Austin in the backyard. I had to sneak out once again because I was still on punishment, but I really didn't care. I was doing this to get into college and how better can my punishment get? I walked through the back door with my painting covered up. I set it in the back seat of the black mini-van Austin rented and got into the passenger seat. "good morning beautiful" Austin smiled leaning in to kiss my cheek. "good morning" I smiled back. I honestly don't know what me and Austin are at this point, I mean he never asked me out yet, so what does that make us?

"you nervous?" he asked pulling out of his parking spot. "a little" I admitted. I'm not really not one to get nervous a lot, but right now, I was getting major butterflies in my stomach. "don't worry, you're gonna do great" Austin said reaching over and grabbing my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze of reassurance. We drove for a while before pulling up in front of a big fancy building. Austin put on a pair of sunglasses and pulled up his hood before walking into the building with me. I held my painting in one hand, and held Austin's hand with the other, feeling him squeeze it every now and then.

When we entered I sat my painting on a stand, along with my competitors as Austin took a seat in the audience. It took a while for everyone to get ready before it was time to show our paintings. "when I say 3, you will all remove your blankets, and reveal your paintings" the announcer with a deep British accent said. I was getting even more nervous as he started to count. 1..........2..............3! I picked up the blanket and revealed my painting the audience. It was a glass heart shattered in pieces meaning someone had stepped all over it. This painting is probably the best painting I've ever painted. I didn't even care to look at the others' paintings because if I did, I would start to think theirs was better than mine.

The judges took a couple good looks and exchanged whispers before handing the announcer a final card. "and the winner is" I crossed my fingers behind my back as my breathing accelerated. "MAYA THOMPSON!!". I felt like the whole world freeze around me. My eyes widened and my mouth created an 'O' shape. I ran into the audience and Austin embraced me in a tight hug. "I knew you'd do it baby" he whispered rubbing my back. After we released, all four judges gave me a handshake and said 'congratulations'.

The british announcer walked over to me and did the same. "congratulations Maya Thompson you will be coming here for college, all we need is a few information papers, your birth certificate and an ID, then you're good". I shook my head and said 'okay' before heading back to the car with Austin. "wanna celebrate?" Austin asked getting into the driver's seat. "of course!". Austin took me to Burger King after I begged him not to take me to a fancy restaurant. I wasn't really the fancy restaurant type of person.

When we finished eating he drove me back home and gave me a goodbye kiss before I snuck back in. I shut the door quietly and turned around to my angry parents sitting at the dinner table. "Maya Kaylie Thompson where the hell have you been?!" my mother yelled. Here we go with the whole name calling. "I know your mad I snuck out, but I have a very valid reason why I did it" I said. "well you better start talking young lady" my dad screamed. "I got accepted to the University of Arts-". "we didn't pay for you to go to college" my mom said getting up from her seat.

"I know but that's not the point, I need my birth certificate and ID to get in" I explained. Both my parents' eyes widened and then they looked at each other before looking back at me. "no" they said simultaneously. "what hell do you mean no?" I asked. "no means no and that's final, go to your room!" my mom yelled pointing to the staircase. I looked at them furisouly then stomped up the stairs, and to my room. I jumped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Tomorrow I'm gonna find out if I was adopted one way or another. And if I am, I'm going to confront the people that decided to give me away to this disgusting family. I need answers, and I need them now.

;) muahh