part 21

Do not hate me.

You'll see, everything will be as it should.... maybe (:

Explaining the situation to Dad was akward and uncomfortable. Then, he decides to add more humiliation to me by asking, "Have you and Chase.... made love?"

I snort a little and try to keep a straight face. "As if, Dad."

"Oh. Okay. Well, I'll call a taxi and you can take a plane out there." He says and starts shuffling toward his room.

"Alright. Love you."

I want to call Chase, but then I'd explain everything, and I feel like he wouldn't want me anymore. It's dumb, I know Chase wouldn't do that, but I still feel like that.

I pack my bags as I listen to Hairspray's soundtrack playing. Zac Efron's singing about his love for Tracy and I just calm down. No matter what a prettyboy Zac is, Link will always be the greatest man alive.

My phone starts buzzing, so I glide over, still mid-song, and answer whoever called me with a, "NOW NEVER SET ME FREE! NO, NO, NO!"

"McKenna." I recognize Chase's voice immediately.

"Oh, Chase! I'm sorry I was PMSing earlier!"

"Glad to know your still able to PMS." He huffs. Has he been crying?

"What is that supposed to mean?" My defenses are kicking in, I feel the blood plusing through my skin.

"Oh, nothing. Just the fact that I don't even know who you are, McKenna. You play it like sex is the most terrible thing ever, and yet, you sleep with Tyler."

"Oh my god. Chase, no! Listen-"

"My turn to cut you off, McKenna. We're done." And he hangs up.

Holy crap. No. No, this CAN'T be happening. It's a misunderstanding. Tears are forming and Dad's shouting for me. "YOUR TAXI IS HERE!"

I grab my bag and start toward the door, trying not to break the delicate bond that's holding my tears inside. I rush past Dad and wave, so he can't see my eyes.

"Love you!" He shouts.

"You too!" My voice breaks as I step in the cab.

The ride to the airport is silent. I've sent him 3 texts saying how sorry I am, and telling him to call me and I can tell him the truth. No response. Every minute

he doesn't respond, I feel my little smirking jackass slip away.

-----

That planeride was the planeride straight from hell. I wish I was rich, I would've gotten like first class tickets. But no, I get stuck with some little 7 year old and her hard of hearing grandmother.

I hate children.

I'm waiting for my next taxi to take me to hell. I try calling Chase but he doesnt answer. For some rediculous reason, I call Kendra.

"HUlllllO?!" She's totally drunk. Wow.

"Hey it's McKenna..."

"Hi.... whats up?"

"Well, me and Chase are over..." I start, then she laughs.

"Did you finally find out he was only supposed to get you in bed, then he'd get some money?! Everyone bet this week would be the week!"

My hear dropped, and so did my phone.