21: "Minx" - An alluring, cunning or boldly flirtatious young woman.

Lost Stars - Adam Levine (I watched Begin Again lol)

_____________________

Hours passed slowly and during that time I'd called Mikhail to reschedule our meeting for tomorrow afternoon. Eddie didn't specify what time he would be over but I knew that he wouldn't be here for a while especially if he was as angry as he was earlier. I was already supposed to be expecting some sort of call or text from Corrine but I'd barely read the text from earlier before deleting it.

I ran my hand through my hair and wandered around my kitchen without an objective. I changed from my pantsuit to a long, plain pyjama t-shirt and moved back to the living room to catch up on any of my TV shows which, apparently, were all of them. Barely having any time to myself anymore, and whenever I did I'd end up having Eddie monopolising it completely; I probably had about fifteen episodes scattered over five different shows.

My eyes drifted from Scandal to the pieces of paper splayed over the floor. A small smile spread across my face at Chelsea's giant 'thank you' written in purple crayons with a make-shift Finn and Jake standing underneath the 'you.' I didn't even think twice about sticking it to my fridge.

That look in her eyes when she saw me and her dad coming out of the bedroom, I couldn't even begin to dissect it. I mean, she didn't know it was my bedroom plus she was four... What was going through that creative head of hers, I wonder.

As I started away from the fridge I paused and frowned at the circled date in February with 'big sisters' birthday.' Corrine wrote it. I hadn't planned anything and I didn't plan on doing anything this weekend for it. I'm going to spend my twenty-seventh birthday in my home painting like the secret nerd that I am; maybe even go out for a few drinks with Mack, Jake and Miranda. Maybe even invite Mikhail. And maybe Eddie... Maybe.

And to make matter even worse? My birthday was on Valentine's Day.

My intercom rang and I glanced at the clock. Seven o'clock. From the fridge, I grabbed a beer and walked into the living room to buzz him in. Barely thirty seconds later - he probably dragged himself up the steps - I opened the door and there he stood, still in his suit; his tie hung loosely around his neck and his jacket hanging between his fingers.

Without a word, I offered him the beer.

"You're an angel aren't you?" He muttered roughly, taking the beer from my hands and closing the door. "Thank you."

"You look like you need it."

His eyes roamed lazily from my head to my naked toes before he smiled. "I needed another thing earlier."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. "Now, now. Tell me about it first and we'll see."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I chuckled, sitting him down on my couch. "Now, how did it go? By your scowl, I'm going to go ahead and guess it didn't go too well."

He sighed heavily and took a quick pull of the beer. "Well, I yelled at her for not taking any calls, she yelled at me for having my phone off and then, again, I yelled at her for not taking any calls. And then Aidan turned up."

"Aidan her boyfriend." I clarified, sitting beside him.

"Yep."

"Where was Chelsea?"

"In her room. When I say yell, I mean we whisper-yelled. Chelsea didn't hear a thing. Debbie called me irresponsible for having my phone off."

I felt my own temper flare. "Well, how irresponsible was it for her not to accept any calls during her meeting?"