9: "Coincidences are spiritual puns." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Arabella - Arctic Monkey's

______________________________________________

Mack swiped between two images of a black dress probably designed only for males to mentally undress it from a woman's body and a very nice mustard yellow evening dress that would drop below the knee.

"Which one?" She asked me.

I swiped between both dresses and pursed my lips. "Is there a compromise? We're not going to a club and neither is it a formal dinner."

She rolled her eyes. "Knew you'd say that." Her finger swiped past both dresses to a nice modest chocolate Jersey dress that stopped just above the knee. "Better?"

"Much better." I smiled handing her her phone back.

Mack and I locked up our offices and made our way out to my car. The past two weeks have been pretty uneventful. Eddie didn't drop a bag of custard tarts on the table last week or this week like I'd secretly expected. Instead after the students left he said, "Have a good evening." With a bright smile and left.

I didn't even get a chance to say 'you too' before he was out the door. Had I been a tiny bit disappointed? Well, yeah. I kind of didn't eat a lot at lunch the first time he didn't because I was half expecting them. The hell was this guys game...

And even today! Nothing. We'd talked a little but not very much. And even after class he all but ran out of the room shouting that I have a good weekend. Sure, I made a small excuse in my head that he was late for something but hell I didn't know that. And he seemed odd Monday too.

I mentally shrugged the thoughts away. Guess my moment of feeling pursued was over. Felt like that phone call on Thanksgiving didn't even happen.

"What've you got Miranda?" She asked as we settled into three o'clock traffic over the bridge.

"A bunch of different things. In the spirit of bachelorette parties I got her that sash we were looking at, lingerie she was hinting to when we went shopping a few weeks ago and of course me and her cousins got her favourite bottle of Dom because apparently her Hampton mother and father suggested it to Rachel a few months ago." I rolled my eyes.

"And we know slightly-anal-Rachel enough to assume she'll listen to Miranda's mom."

I smiled. "Miranda's mom is amazing and you know it."

"Yeah but she's as persuasive as a serpent. Rach probably didn't have a choice."

"Well at least it's seventy-five dollars between us. Plus it is Randy's favourite."

Mack shrugged. "I managed to get her those tickets to finally see Wicked after she gets back from her honeymoon."

"She'll be spoilt tonight." I chuckled. "Her weddings next Friday."

"At the Plaza." She added. "The Plaza."

"You say this every time."

"Because her parents managed to get The Plaza." She reiterated. "Miranda couldn't care any less if she was getting married in Central Park."

"Yeah... But we know she would care." I said. "I think a Plaza wedding for her is perfect."

"The bridesmaids get rooms though, Liv. We get the whole day at the Plaza before the wedding at three."

"We have work in the morning." I reminded.

"God no we don't, I booked our day off months ago." Mack sighed dreamily. "Kevin and I will enjoy that room."