17: A Prince For Her Princess

Arcade Fire helped me write this chapter! Don't even care if I've used this song.

The Suburbs - Arcade Fire

_____________________________________________

For a moment I just stood beside his bed, completely naked not a care in the world staring at Eddie soundly sleeping. But then I gathered what I could of my mind, grabbed one of his t-shirts sitting neatly folded on top of the chair at the side of the room and threw it on.

When the doorbell rang again, I picked up the pillow I was sleeping on and hit him with it. "Get up, Eddie."

And when he jumped up, I hit him again.

"Olivia-"

"Why didn't you tell me-" Hit. "Debbie was dropping off Chelsea today-" Smack.

"What- stop hitting me!"

"Go answer the goddamn door, I'm leaving."

As I made a move to the door, I squealed when he grabbed me around the waist effectively stopping me from exiting. "Get off me, I'm leaving!"

"No, no you're not, Liv stop moving."

Ding-dong. "Let me go and answer the door!" I struggled.

"Stop. I didn't know she was coming. Stop, stop." I slacked against him and huffed a sigh. "If Debbie and Chelsea are outside then it's as news to me as it is to you."

Ding-dong. Knock, knock. "I can't stay now."

"Why not? Debbie won't come in and if she does it'll be the hallway."

"Yeah but... what about Chelsea?" I turned in his hold. "A random woman in your house before midday?"

A smile I didn't think I was ready to interpret tugged at his lips as his hand skimmed across my cheek. "You're not a random woman though are you? Plus she knows you." Barely. "Look, put on a pair of my shorts and my socks and you'll look pretty normal. Wait up here and I'll answer the door."

I watched him shrug on pajama pants and a t-shirt and caught the basketball shorts he threw to me. He gave me a chaste kiss on the lips and a bold smile before turning. But even before he turned I could see the confusion and annoyance in his eyes at this small interruption in our morning. Obviously Chelsea wasn't supposed to be back today and I started to wonder within the circumstances if he would have officially introduced me to her.

It's a big step introducing someone to their kid. But with that in mind he would have let me leave wouldn't he? Right? Or hid me until I could get out? God, I wish I knew what he was thinking.

I quickly put on his clothes but left his room quietly to collect and put on my underwear, well you know just in case. As I was picking up my dress and shoes from his studio, I heard the faint click of the door opening downstairs.

"...go on upstairs, honey." Eddie's muffled voice said.

I made my way to the end of the studio steps and peaked around the corner. Chelsea ran to her room, her dark blonde hair flicking in it's ponytail behind her.

"What took you so long to answer the door, I have to go out today." Her voice traveled up the stairs.

"I was sleeping, it's ten o'clock in the morning on a Sunday. Not even a call to say you were dropping her by today?"

"No, because I didn't realise I would. I'm out with Aidan today and Grace and Chase are busy today so I figured you wouldn't be doing anything other than holing yourself in your studio. It's only a day early, Edward."