Chapter Twenty-One: Make it Stop

"...Crystal...FLARE!!!" Himara shouted as she flung the blazing ball of fire at the monstrosity of a creature. The bird was shoved back, it's left wing burning thus plummeting to the ground. It screeched in horrifying pain when it hit the rock hard ground below and from the scorching burns. Himara couldn't help but have a tad sense of sympathy for it, but she quickly shook her head to bash the thought and replaced it for the fact that it was plagued by darkness and it would be best to put it out of its misery.

   "Yūro, go!!" Himara ordered while majestically floating back down, streams of fiery flames spinning around her body.

   "G...got it!!" Yūro replied as he jumped up and jammed his steel gray axe hard into the ground. A crack ran along from the tip of the axe and divided until they surrounded under the ferocious fowl. The shapes drawn out of all the cracks thrusted up at irregular timings, nearly taking the life of the creature. It squawked in agonizing pains and so Yūro tugged at the axe dug deep in the ground 'til he almost toppled over with it successfully in his right hand.

   The bird monster laid barely alive on the ground several meters away. Its burning had seized, however it was still brutally scathed.

   "I...think we did it," Himara panted tiredly.

   Kazera's eyes were glazed and focused directly on the husk of the nightmarish pheasant. "It's...still alive."

   "H-huh?" Yūro said while cocking his head to the side.

   "L-look!!" Kazera pointed her outstretched left hand towards the half-human, half-bird who seemed to be slowly dying.

   It suddenly hopped back up onto its feet-Er, talons. Himara mused.-and gave another extremely loud KAW. Kazera dislodged her platinum spear that hung on her back and grasped it with both hands.

   "Don't worry, I've learned from your demonstrations!! I can do this," she announced with a confident smile on her bubblegum pink lips. "Just go somewhere safe!"

   Himara and Yūro did as she said and bolted into the lush woods to the right. Kazera faced the intimidating beast and took a deep breath.

   The creature lunged forward and snapped at her with its voluminous beak. She, being quite agile, leaped to the left just in time to dodge the oncoming attack.

   "This is it," she muttered to herself. "It's time to see what this crystal can do!!"

   Kazera began to twirl the spear in her right hand as if she was a cheerleader and it was her baton. Himara peered through the brambles and watched in amazement as all around Kazera, a mini, mint green tornado was forming. She lifted her right hand and spun her platinum spear now with both hands above her head. It acted similar to a propeller, raising her high into the air, increasing the size of the tornado. The bird gazed at her, not moving, looking almost hypnotized by her magic. Himara and Yūro were no different either.

   The tornado was raging violently, however it was translucent enough that you could see Kazera through it. She halted the spear's movement and shouted melodically, "Crystal...STORM!!" and slashed the spear towards the bird human. Following the movement, the now humongous green tornado flew at the creature, launching in backwards and onto the stone hard ground once again. Kazera hovered back down with an accomplished look on her face.

   She hooked her platinum spear back onto her back as Himara and Yūro hurriedly ran out of the forest and towards Kazera. Just then, the bird beast dissipated into the night black mist and disappeared into the woods.

   Himara gazed at Kazera with joy. "You did it!!" she sang.

   "I know, aren't I awesome?" Kazera gloated.