Chapter Five: Returing and Trying to Explain

When Himara arrived in the vast hallway of the High School, she was very puzzled about what to do and where to go next. Should she go to the class she was supposed to be in? Should she just take her stuff and leave, since school was going to end soon anyway? 

   Suddenly, a fellow female tenth grader emerged from a classroom door on the left side just a few feet away. She turned her head towards Himara, widen her eyes in awe and hollered, "Everyone! Himara's back!!!" in utter astonishment. 

   All of a sudden, arrays of High Schoolers spilled out of every classroom and swarmed around Himara in a boisterous noise filled with questions, questions and QUESTIONS! Everyone wanted to know the same thing: where she went and how the heck she came back. Himara had no idea what to say. 

   "EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN!!" an extremely loud principle boomed. "LET HIMARA EXPLAIN IT TO ALL OF YOU AT ONCE, INSTEAD OF SAYING IT TO YOU ONE AT A TIME. Go ahead, Himara," the principle commanded. 

   "W-well..," Himara was flustered and overwhelmed. She didn't want to reveal the truth but she didn't want to lie either. Her cheeks began to burn. "I d-don't remember. All I do remember is a very bright light kinda talking to me, and then I somehow wound up back here." 

   "What did the light say?!" a teen yelled from across the room. 

   "I-I also don't remember," Himara lied through her teeth, but really hated herself for doing. 

   Everybody let out a disappointed sigh, wishing that something really interesting had happened. 

   "Well, now everyone PLEASE leave Himara alone. It is now-" the blaring bell signaling the end of the day interrupted the principle. "-time to leave." 

   All the teenagers flooded out of the school, their minds filled with the excitement of telling their parents about their bizarre day at school. Himara was the only one who stayed back. She visited all the classes that she missed while she was gone and collected all the work she missed. Thankfully, it wasn't a lot. 

   When she exited the school about five minutes later, she found Skye patiently waiting for her on the steps outside. Himara also noticed that Airia wasn't there. She wasn't surprised. 

   "Hey, Skye! Thanks for waiting for me. I had to get the worked I missed. Where's Airia?" she questioned, already guessing the answer in her head. 

   "Hiya Himara! Airia?" Skye scoffed in a bit of disgust. "She left when I told her we should wait for you. She's probably jealous that you're the "chosen one" and she isn't." 

   "Probably. Since she always gets what she wants at home, she seems to think she is the most special person in the world." Himara rolled her eyes. "Airia is always jealous and rude to me, sometimes I doubt our friendship. And now she's going too far. So now, you're my new BFF!" she announced cheerfully. 

   "Heh, thanks Himara!" Skye said with a bright smile. "It's too bad we don't live on the same street..." 

   "I know right...but anyways, I gotta go. See ya tomorrow!!" Himara said happily. 

   "Bye Himara!!" Skye waved and began to walk home. 

   Himara then also started her trek back home, opposite to the direction that Skye went. 

                                                                              -- 

   "...and now everyday after school I'm gonna have to go to the alternate dimension and search for the other Crystal Keepers. All weekend, too," Himara explained to her aunt and uncle who were amazed by everything Himara said. 

   "Well, I know you can do it, Himara," her uncle reassured with a pleasant smile. "You can do anything if you put your mind to it." 

   Himara smiled back. "Thanks, Unc. I'm just a bit afraid. I mean, I'll be going somewhere I've never been before all by myself...I can't help but be scared..." 

   "We believe in you, Himara. And what's to be afraid of, really? You'll find someone you'll trust to help you, and if anything bad happens, you have your powers to defend yourself," her aunt pointed to Himara's gleaming, fire red crystal. 

   "Yeah..." 

   "And I'd think it'd be exciting!" her uncle began, "You'll get to meet new people, make new friends... You gotta find the positives!" 

   "I guess you're right. I gotta stop worrying so much..," Himara came to her senses. "It starts tomorrow so, I should get some rest tonight." 

   "Yes you should. You need your strength to fight evil," her aunt put in cheerfully, but also a bit strictly. 

   "Haha! Auntie, you're making me sound like a superhero!" Himara laughed. 

   Everyone may be taking it all lightly now but soon, all those positive feelings will be erased and substituted with utter anxiety...