Chapter Nineteen: Three Down, Two to Go

"Oh no, I almost forgot!" Himara announced out loud as she shot up onto her feet. "I have to go to Altemia! And wait a mintute... If today's Friday, that means I'm gonna have to stay there all weekend! No..," she whined. "Good thing I've no homework. Too bad Auntie and Unc aren't here to say bye... Well, guess I should go."

   She gazed around her room, searching for a luminous, floating ball of light. No orb in sight.

"Huh? But how-"

   Suddenly, the fiery red crystal chained around Himara's neck flashed with a spectacular, red light. A blazing red aura danced around it while a voice seemed to emit from it.

   "I will bring you to Altemia now, Himara Shawā." It sounded just like Celestia, but something about it seemed more...pure and serene than the last time.

   "Why? Can't you just use that orb thing?" Himara asked, perplexed.

   "I do not have enough time to explain. You must go now. I apologize," she answered, making Himara's mind spin even more with confusion. "Hold your crystal tightly in your hands' grasp."

   "O-okay..." Himara clutched the flaming red crystal and her vision was flooded with blinding red light. She shielded her eyes and waited patiently for it to fade.

   Uncovering her eyes and looking about, she was in from of the snow white building that was the Verta Town Hall. Nervously tapping his left foot, Yūro greeted Himara with a weary smile.

   "Hey, what took you so long?" He began to walk away from the giant door of the Town Hall and towards Himara.

   "S-sorry, I was..." she paused for a second. "...busy." Himara started to shake from a rising level of anxiety. She didn't want Yūro to know about her and Kuchi. Heck, he hasn't even met him yet.

   "Okay! It's just that the Mayor's getting a bit agitated 'cuz you're late. He's waiting outside now. Ready?" He seemed to be quite excited.

   "Heh, 'course I am!" Himara sang happily.

                                                                                 --

   It was another gorgeous day, with the sun's golden rays of blessed light illuminating Altemia and the wind brushing through the trees creating dry, rustling noises. It was as if the leaves were talking in a hoarse, worn-out voice. A sweet aroma of freshly baked bread wafted through the air as it's carried by the wind.

   Inhaling the scent pleasantly, Himara stood confidently beside Yūro and about half a mile away from Zephyr. Taking a good look at Yūro, Himara noticed that he wears the exact same thing everyday and yet it's always clean. Strange. she thought. Ha, maybe he just has three of the same outfit. Actually, even Mayor Zephyr's wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Man, this place just gets weirder and weirder.

   Mayor Zephyr stroked his mustache proudly and bellowed, "Ready, young'uns?"

   Young'uns? What a weird term. I wonder where it's derived from... Himara wondered with curiosity.

   "Ready!" the both of them hollered back in unison.

   Signaling with his right fingers, the Mayor counted down 3, 2 and 1. Exactly when he was finished the countdown, Zephyr yanked out a huge katana about the length as Himara's height. It was created from what looked like a saffron green metal and was intimidatingly sharp. He charged at the two of them like a bull with a feral expression on his face, grasping the katana tightly with both hands.