Chapter Sixteen: A Fiery Arguement

Himara checked her carrot orange watch: 10:32 p.m. "No!! Auntie and Unc must be in bed already..," she groaned under her breath.

   She rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen to find neither her aunt nor uncle there. However there was a note lying on the wooden table. Himara sauntered over and gingerly picked up and read the note carefully:

   Dear Himara,

   We apologize for us not being here! We have gone to bed since it is so late. We're really sorry we're not there for you. There is leftovers from yesterday in the fridge. We can't wait to hear how your day was in the morning!

                                                                                                    Your loving aunt and uncle

                                                                              --

   After eating the leftover spaghetti and returning to her room, Himara pondered the thought. Hmm... Should I have a shower? I really need to, but I don't wanna wake them up... Ah I'll just have one in the morning. Guess I should set my clock earlier.

   She strolled over to her bedside clock and set the alarm to 7:30 a.m. Yawning as wide as lion, she threw off her dirty and slightly ripped dress and slipped on her pajama pants and sweater. A wave of anxiety soared over her like a bird. "My homework! Wait..." She walked anxiously over to her backpack that was sitting by her door and looked inside. Himara let out a sigh of relief that also let out the anxiousness. She didn't have any homework!!

   Flopping down on her bed, the day's events spun around in her mind like a tempest. First it was Kuchi at school... Then it was Celestia and the questions... Next was Kuchi and that dragon... And then Yūro when we looked in Brunin... Finally it was Mayor Zephyr in Verta City... Himara curled up on her left side and brushed a tuft of her silky, blood red hair away from her face. Everything was happening too fast and Himara was overwhelmed with so many mixed feelings. She was confused, anxious, scared and another feeling... A feeling that made her heart race like a horse on a track. It was warm, and made her feel like she was in heaven... However Himara did not know what it was, but she got it whenever she thought of Yūro, but especially when she thought of Kuchi... It came over her again. A warm, happy feeling that collected in her head and then fell down her body like rain. It then collected in her stomach and swirled around, making Himara smiled cheerfully.

   Kuchi Mizuru... Why do I feel this way every time I think of you?

                                                                             --

   "Himara..." A voice whispered softly. All around was shadow black darkness. The voice was familiar... Too familiar. "I'm watching you..," it spoke with a teasing ring to it. "See you again..."

                                                                            --

   The bedside clock squealed like a frightened animal the next morning in its usual beeping. Himara slammed her hand hard on the SNOOZE button angrily. She had been tossing and turning all night, unable to get much sleep. And now she must have a shower.

   Himara willed herself to get up and hop in the shower but, as the saying goes, it was easier said than done. But she able to do it! Trudging across the hall to the bathroom, Himara recounted the dream she had last night.