Chapter Three: A Mysterious Object Appears

Everyone sprinted out from beneath the shelter of the tables, through the cafeteria doors and out through the door that led to the sports field outside. Himara, Airia and Skye followed hastily with the group, despite all the teachers attempts to stop the onslaught of the excited students.

   When they pushed through the tall glass doors, the cucumber green grass was dancing in the gentle breeze, as if the wind was it's instruments and the birds' serene voices were singing. And in the center of the ginormous sports field was a heavenly white orb about the size of a soccer ball. All the students were mesmerized by this harmonic scene...that is, for a split second before they all bolted like lightning towards the mystifying, orbicular light.

   The students swarmed around the orb, like hundreds of moths to a flame. They all tried to touch the bizarre object, but some paranormal force prevented anything from touching it from an inch away.

   "I need the chosen one..." a voice said slowly and calmly, like a breath being blown.

   Himara, who was quite far from the sphere of light, felt a strange wave go over her. It felt as if...the orb was dragging her near, as if she in a lake with a whirlpool in the center, and she was being sucked in.

   "Airia, Skye! I'm gonna go take a closer look at this thing, 'kay?" she asked, curiosity and excitement starting to surge through her body.

   "Heh, good luck with that!" Airia said cockily. "You know, you're probably not the only kid that feels like they're the chosen one."

   Skye leaned in. "Don't listen to her. She's just jealous like always. But it's true, these kids are insane."

   "I'll just have to fight fire with fire! Wish me luck!" Himara said, flashing a confident, but nervous smile.

   So she tried to first maneuver herself through the barrage of berserk teenagers, but it was too tightly-packed. She tried to think for a moment, but couldn't concentrate because of the excited, ear splitting yells and cheers from the other students.

   Himara sighed and mumbled to herself, "Guess I'll have to use brute force... Sorry everyone!!"

   She shoved people aside with all her might and managed to get a bit closer before a muscular senior guy thought a ninth grader, a weak looking other guy pushed him, which started an all out battle between the feral teens. Himara tried to be a bit gentler and after five or so minutes of pushing, shoving and making a free for all war between the High Schoolers, she made it to the strange sphere of light.

   Despite the fact that the voice said they needed the "chosen one" and obviously if you tried once, you aren't the chosen one, people were still trying to touch the orb. Some guy was even begging the voice that he was the chosen one, which made Himara start to snicker with laughter.

   When everyone started to simmer down and actually stop trying to touch the sphere but were still crowding around the orb of light, Himara slowly put out her hand and even move slowly started to reach the orb. Some girl beside her started to say something but immediately stopped when Himara's fingers passed the invisible force field. That was when literally everyone, even the teachers stopped making any noise but have their mouthes agape. It was complete silence as Himara, as slow as molasses, gingerly touched the peculiar sphere of light with her fingers.

   The second her finger touched the surface of the orb, it exploded in a wave of wool white, blinding light. Himara instantly closed and covered her eyes and when she uncovered them, she observed the strange but weirdly familiar area she was in.

   Everything that surrounded her was murky, pitch black darkness. All except for a celestial, snow white light that spontaneously appeared out of nowhere with a familiar gleaming shimmer. A voice spoke...a familiar voice. It said her name slowly. "Himara..." It sounded as clear as a glass of water. The whole situation and place she was in felt like a dream to her...that was when it dawned on Himara.

   She was in a dream.

   Her dream.

   Except now it's really happening.