Chapter Four: A Nightmare Come True?

I'm sorry, this is the most confusing chapter in probably the whole thing. It's all talking and explaining... But I hope you are enjoying it so far!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Wh-who are you and why have I been having dreams of this moment ever since that earthquake happened?! Is there some sort of coincidence? Where am I? Why was there another earthquake? Why-" Himara babbled on and on.

   "My name is Celestia. I am the Keeper and Goddess of Light," the mysterious voice interrupted with a graceful tone that sounded more human like now.

   "Whaaa?! K-Keeper of Light?! Th-this is a dream, right? I mean, this is impossible," Himara asked while jumping back out of astonishment.

   "No...this is not a dream. It is reality," Celestia answered, sounding like an elegant angel once again.

   "B-but you said you needed the "chosen one". How can I be the chosen one?! Gah! I'm so confused right now..."

   "Calm down, Himara. I will explain everything for you. However I must warn you. It is a lot, but it is indeed true."

   "Okay." Himara breathed deeply in and out. "I am ready for it."

   "Alright, you may not believe this, but the world-Earth-is divided into two-I guess you could call it-dimensions. One of which is the dimension with magic. The other is the one with no magic which, is the place you live in.

   "Now you see, I am obviously from the magical dimension and my job is to make sure the level of light and darkness is balanced. However, the Goddess and Keeper of Darkness, Shadoe, has suddenly been growing in power and is starting to make lands cursed with discord and chaos, thus increasing the amount of darkness in the world. And if the darkness spreads and engulfs the magical dimension of the Earth, it will spill into the other and because there is no way to defend it, the Earth with succumb into darkness forever.

   "I have tried to attack the darkness however, it seems to be strong. Too strong for me. And it was never this powerful before. Normally, when Shadoe would trie to do this exact thing, I would be able to defeat her and it would go back to normal but now...something's different."

   "I don't get...what this has to do with me. What am I chosen for?" Himara asked, bewildered by the still mysterious light in front of her.

   "You, my child are one of the five chosen to bring peace back to the Earth and stop Shadoe forever! You are, however, the only chosen one from the non-magical dimension. So, you must travel to the opposite dimension and search for the other four bringers of light."

   "B-by mySELF?! Not only will I be in somewhere I've never been, but I have to find four people in a place as huge as the Earth! How the hell am I gonna do this?!" Himara cried, filled with confusion.

   "Do not worry. Each of you has a very powerful and strong amount of magic sealed inside of you. So, each of you represent one of the five elements: fire, water, wind, thunder and earth. You are the Keeper of Fire."

   "How do I activate it? I mean, I don't know if I can do any magic now..."

   "Each of your powers can be activated by letting them flow through a crystal. Your powers will be instilled inside the crystal so if you loose it, you will still be able to use a weak amount of your powers, but you need the crystal for them to be at their fullest. Thus, you are called Crystal Keepers. And you are the Crystal Keeper of Fire."

   "Oh my gosh that is awesome!! But where do I get a crystal?"

   "Because you are the Keeper of Fire, you are given the power to create crystals. I will give it to you now."

   A fraction of the glimmering light that which Celestia's voice was coming from ripped off. It hovered slowly to Himara and dissolved into her chest. A warm, calming feeling went through Himara's body. She could feel the power go into her.

   "Now...create your first crystal! Hold your hands out in a bit of a cupped position and focus...imagine, in your head, a crystal appearing above your hands. A medium-sized rigid,oval shaped crystal," Celestia ordered Himara with a voice as soft as a sheep's fluffy wool.

   Himara did as she was told and put out her hands, put them in a cupping position, closed her eyes and come entranced as hard as she could. In her mind, she pictured a crystal above her hands floating... She concentrated...focused...willed it to happen...

   "H-Himara? You can stop now, you did it! Congratulations! You made your first crystal!!" Celestia cheered happily.

   Himara flung her eyes open. A two inch tall, translucent rigid, oval shaped crystal was floating in midair above Himara's slightly tanned golden hand. She made a crystal out of thin air. All by herself!!

   "I-I did it..." Himara breathed a sigh of relief.

   The translucent crystal suddenly got filled with a gleaming fiery red glow. Himara stared in absolute amusement.

   "That is so cool!!!!! How did it do that?!"

   "When a crystal is near a Crystal Keeper, it glows in the color of the element of that Keeper. That is how you find your teammates. When you find all of them, your crystals will be upgraded and you will be able to transform into your half human half beast form. Touch the crystal and it will become yours. After a Crystal Keeper has claimed a crystal, one will no longer shine with their element color."

   And so Himara raised her hands and carefully held the flaming crystal in her hands. It shined with a blinding blood red light and hovered high in the air. A chain fabricated out of the sides of the top of the crystal, creating a necklace. It floated lower until it reached Himara. The chain went around her neck and secured where the two ends met. The flaming aura of the crystal that adorned her neck glowed so brightly Himara shielded her eyes. Once the light faded, she uncovered her eyes and observed the fiery red crystal necklace around her neck. She could feel her power activated, flowing through her veins...

   "You...Crystal Keeper of Fire Himara Shawā are ready to go into the alternate dimension and bring the level of light and darkness back to normal!!-" Celestia announced pleasantly.

   "Wait!!! How long will I be there for? I have to tell my aunt and uncle," Himara interrupted, trying to be the least rude as possible.

   "I know of how you must go to school each day from morning to 4p.m. during the week so, I will bring you over everyday at 4 after school. On weekends, however I need you the whole time. All day and night. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, but we have limited time. Only tell your aunt and uncle why...no one else can know. I do not want to begin an epidemic. I will send you back now... I will return tomorrow to bring you to my dimension... Farewell, Crystal Keeper of Fire!!" Celestia said enthusiastically.

   "N-no!! Wait!!........." Himara yelled desperately.

   The heavenly light dissolved into asphalt black and Himara felt as though she was getting tossed and shoved around but could not see because of the pitch black darkness.

   When the shoving and tossing feelings stopped, Himara realized her eyes were shut and hastily opened them. She found herself on a vibrant, light cucumber green soccer field. The melancholy sound of birds tweeting a song of freedom filled Himara's ears... She was back!!

   She checked her watch to see how long she was gone for. It was around lunch when she left and it was... 3:23 p.m.!!! Himara was gone for three hours!!! The second she saw the little numbers on her carrot orange digital watch, Himara gasped and started to run like the wind to the inside of Anthony Parks High School, mind full of confusion, bewilderment and anxiety.