83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia

Happy Forever Friday!

I'm sorry I'm late but here is the present that I promised. Wishing you a blessed year ahead lazed_me dear.

For the last chapter, I'm sorry guys, I wanted to reply to each one of you, but due to glitch or technical error, the app wasn't letting me post any comment or reply. You had the queries in mind, will try to answer soon.

Thanks, and now go ahead. Happy Reading!

***

Sudden lights can also blind the eyes. In the same way, all the answers at one can be lethal!

— Guardian Raymond Quinn,

Someone's Forever

***

NIERA'S POV

Hurt, the heart felt when my hopes shatter,

Pain, my soul felt when my castle of belief crashed,

Agony, will bury me for longer, now that I feel devastated,

Will I ever come back where we used to stand?

My heart asks to the quiet left behind you!

Since growing up, the concept of apology has been quite a simple topic for me, I will give the credit or blame to my mother.

According to her, if you hold the courage along your will and confidence in your steps and commit mistake, you should also hold the courage to face the consequences and a heart to bow down in apology. Even if the mistake is small or grave, your apology should be sincere and honest – by your heart and not to show off.

This principle of her has drafted my nature, I try not to make mistakes like any other human being, but being absolute is nonexistent for any human, we are human, the doll of mistakes. So when I make one, since I was small, once I realize—even after a thundering scolding, I quickly rush for apology.

In my Mummy's words, apology should be sincere and by heart, so does your presentation for it should be, even when you say sorry to a child.

My mother's words have been ingrained in my heart and my conscience and I know whether it will be tough or toughest, I shall face it sincerely. Hiding can be helpful for some time; running can be for longer time but that time shall bite me to core of self grief, and shame which I had known to despise and fear to face in my growing years of life.

There were times when I tried to hide my mistake, cover my flaws, it did work for outer world, they believed, they smile and praise me but the strangest thing was my own conscience, which knew despite of the fact of knowledge of my doings and belief that I'm safe in front of world, my own soul used to loath me, why because I damn knew I was wrong.

Many times I tried with interval of time in my growing years but with different time and acts, the result remain the same. And this burden from my conscience used to remove when I confess, people might never take it hard way, but I felt a relief wash over my senses.