36. A Walk Unexpected

Because it's Friday.

Not just any Friday but Forever Friday!!!

Surprise again guys!

I know I made you wait for the whole Three Weeks. So I tried to compensate in One Week. I hope you all are happy.

***

"People are supposed to fear the unknown, but ignorance is bliss when knowledge is so damn frightening."

― Laurell K. Hamilton, The Laughing Corpse

***

In the chapter of Someone's Forever

[A Call from 'Treasure of Heart']

Niera's POV

"What are you doing here? Come back. There are still glass pieces shattered, you might hurt yourself. Come back." He called a little loudly; creasing his brows under sun's glowering influence.

I eyed the butchered grass surface once again before returning back to the path of the pavement.

"Why you came here?" he asked as I stood at a distance from him. His eyes dull but lips pursed in a thin line.

"I—" I initiated but,

"Wanted to have a look. Just plain curiosity." He concluded deadpan.

Bingo! Best buddy!

I shifted my embarrassed gaze from his flint firm furrowed face to the stones lined up beneath our feet.

Suddenly they started to look so interesting!

Right! Shall I consider, you are hiding to meet his watchful eyes?

Indeed!

He was about to say something, apparently, a few words of sense over my absurd act of idiocy but I was saved when a big Beefy dressed in black security guy saunter toward us.

Ha came and stood maintaining a distance. His eyes were ahead, not moving even a micro centimeter.

"Here your keys Mr. Revin." He fished out a keyset from his vest pocket and offered Jerry in his stiff hand movement.

Jerry took it with a nod. This nod was a signal for him to turn around and 'measure your way out.'

Once he was out of ear shot, I threw a query at my dear friend.

"Where are you going?" he didn't met my eyes but averted his bothered gaze to the plantation area.

"Office work." He gave a monotonous response. And I knew it was a lame lie.

I nodded slowly before disappointment pierced the guard of my heart; I tried to hide the pain which my eyes were desperate to showcase.

I thought we were friends!

Casting my head downward, I took a step, "We still are." He whispered in a pained tone.

It made me halt my ascending steps; I spun around in the speed of thunderbolt. Gawking at him whilst he telecasted his pained expression.

Why he is in pain?!

"We will be always." He continued, staring straight into my eyes.

"And friends hide their pain from other?" I asked softly.