38 | beginnings

A/N 

Last chapter! really, really sad about it but happy as well because I finished a 70k words novel. Also, many of you made wrong assumptions about the letter which I understand because it was honestly complicated but I hope to answer them through Shivaay's point of view. and that's all the answers you are going to get because life doesn't answer all questions, does it? but if you have questions, then drop them in this chapter and I will answer them in the Q/A section. 

also, do not delete this book from your library because you know bonus chapter ;)

38 | beginnings

SHIVAAY HAD SPENT two days thinking about that letter and yet, there were a lot of things that were left unanswered. All he could make out from the letter was that the anonymous person who sent the letter was Shakti's most trusted employee's--Mridul-- daughter. Anonymous's father killed Shakti and anonymous's mother killed Tej and the father of this anonymous person.

Anonymous's mother was the one who kidnapped Anika and the anonymous killed her own mother which let Anika escape.

All of these thoughts were confusing, often stumbling over each other and Shivaay found it difficult to process it all. It was too much information to take in.

He wanted to know who this person exactly was. He had searched all record of the company--ones he had sworn to never touch--and yet all he could find out was names of Mridul's daughter. The one who had died in Kalyani Mills was named Riya while the one who made it out alive was named Misha.

That was the end of things he knew. There was nothing else. He tried tracing the number from which he had been getting messages to its original number but turns out it was brought under a fake name. Everything he did met a dead end but Shivaay was not going to give up. Not yet.

"Shivaay," his wife barged inside their room and Shivaay looked up to find his beautiful wife looking tense. Somehow, she looked even more beautiful with her brows creased. It was the only good thing that happened in months. He was finally home. She was with him and she took him back. That was the best thing. He knew he wouldn't have survived without Anika by his side. She was the one who held him at night now and if it weren't for her arms around her he would come apart. "SHIVAAY." Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he blinked.

"Sorry, just zoned out a bit. What is it you were saying?" Her expression softened and she crossed the room until she was kneeling down by his side. She took his hands in hers and kissed his knuckles.

"Everything's gonna be alright..." she whispered and made him look into her eyes. "But you need your family with you. You can't do this without them. Please go make nice with them."

"I have screwed up too much this time. They wouldn't want to hear my silly apology," Shivaay closed his eyes. He had been brutally ignored the past two days. Gauri and Om barely batted an eyelash in his direction. What made Anika think they would forgive him?

"You trust me?" His head moved in positive without thought.

"Of course, I do."

"Then go apologize. I swear you just have to say the words and accept your mistake. They'll forgive you, Shivaay."

"I am not entirely sure about this, love," he said hesitantly, wetting his lips in nervousness.

"Believe in me. Please," her voice didn't betray any emotions but her eyes did. Her eyes always did. But he loved those eyes. To others, brown was basic. But no, brown eyes were beautiful. When light fell across them, brown eyes were gold melting, it was wet earth, copper shining in them. They were beautiful. Anika was beautiful.