34 | healing

A / N

Okay, so this is like really just about Anika. Don't get frustrated. Because honestly, I said in the beginning, this is not Shivaay's story and not Shivika's story. It's Anika's.

But I really like this chapter.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

34 | healing

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

If you are waiting for that one person to change your life, take a look in the mirror.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

FOR THE LIFE of her, Anika couldn't stop turning in her bed. It was already 4 in the morning but sleep was far away. She missed his smell on the sheets, his warmth and his arms around her. It was a good decision to take a break but it didn't stop him from missing him or any other member of the family.

Dinner had been awfully quiet, nothing like the loud and chattery dinners she was used to in the Oberoi household. She had been here for seven days but she would never get used to the dinners in Agrawal mansion. Even though Naina babbled a lot and Lakshya made some small talk, Anika missed the Oberois. She didn't even realize how much she was attached to them up until the day she decided to pick up her bags and come to her sister's house for a while. She had been welcomed with open arms and she had thought to help Naina through her pregnancy days. It would help her pick up back on things.

As Anika hugged a pillow to her chest, she thought what would happen if she would show up on their doorstep.

No, you made a choice, Anika. You know it's the right thing to do. A voice in her head chided and she sighed. Well then...

She fell asleep that night, craving nothing more than her husband's arms to hold her to himself.

"Diiii." Naina was shaking her, Anika knew that and she tiredly lifted her head to see a bright smile on Naina's face. She grumbled an incoherent "what do you want" as she buried her face back in the pillow. "Areyyyy, get up na, Di. I have a plan for us and I know you'll love it."

"If it involves shopping, I am out of it." Anika knew how much her sister loved shopping and if she wanted to shop for her maternity clothes, she could take her dear Lakshya for that. Anika was one hundred and ten percent sure Lakshya wouldn't mind that. Last night's dinner had proved it. Dear gods, that boy could not stop smiling whenever Naina talked or even did something embarrassing. She had noticed how cute he found it. "Take your hubby. I know he'll be pleased to spend more time with you."

"Di, this is something you love, not Lucky," Naina whined and Anika grumbled once again. She opened her eyes and saw Naina peering over her. When Naina saw she had caved in, she let out a noise of triumph. She pushed herself up and stared at her sister so she would spill the beans.

"Di, go brush your teeth and shower. I wouldn't want to do anything with you until you are cleaned." Naina scrunched her nose in distaste. Anika wondered how she had forgotten that Naina could not go a day without showering. She hated when Anika skipped a shower. Anika had to pursue her lips so they didn't fold up in a very huge smile. Knowing it would irritate the hell out of Naina, she placed a slobbery kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning to you too, sis." She laughed, running away from Naina before the woman would stop rubbing furiously at her cheek and attack Anika. She grabbed some random clothes and shut the door just as Naina got into her senses.