26 | confessions

A / N

This chapter has one of my absolutely fav ShiVika scene because I think that connects them on a very deeper level and plays an important part in their relationship.

Dedicating this to itsvinisha who is the absolute sweetest! Thank you for being a rereader and for being a wonderful friend.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

26 | confessions

THERE IS NOTHING that troubles anyone more than their thoughts do. Human mind is as intricate as grass fibre and it has a tendency to create problems out of nothing. It can manipulate you into believing something is very important even if it is very trivial.

And you can't stop.

Anika couldn't stop her mind. She wondered why a person's–she merely knew–words affected her so much. She didn't know them. She didn't know what Anika and Shivaay shared. But there was this nagging feeling that troubled her. What if she was true?

“No kids?” Mrs Sharma had asked.

“None.”

“But aren't they married for two years already?”

“I heard something's wrong with one of them. Maybe they can't contribute to a child.” Mrs Khurana had shrugged.

“Or maybe Shivaay isn't happy with her.”

Was something really wrong with Anika? And did Shivaay not feel happy around her? For all she knew, it could be true. She wasn't easy to be with, Anika knew that. She was a handful, hard to love and she was tough at times.

Or maybe, she really couldn't contribute to a child. She wouldn't be surprised, considering everything else was wrong with her too.

Her breathing was becoming more ragged as she stared at her trembling reflection, clutching the counter so hard her knuckles had turned white. The tap water was running and all she could think about was him. What he thought, if he really wanted to get rid of her. Before Anika knew, she was calling him, slumping down the wall because she could no longer stand.

“Hey, what's up?” Shivaay said, half asleep. She was surprised he even answered, considering it was two in the night.

She didn't know what to say, her throat was clogged up and when she tried to open it to say something, she would choke on her own tears. All she could do was press her palm to her lips and muffle the voice, trying to calm herself down. Nothing worked. All she could hear was him breathing that he was with her and that gave her only a fraction of relief.

“Love, are you in the bathroom?” He knew this too. Who were to say he didn't know she was fucking useless and pathetic too? “Anika.” His stern voice made her answer and her voice came out broken when she did.

“Yeah,” she replied softly, finally answering to his desperate pleads.

There was an audible intake of breath on the other end. “Turn off the tap and come out of the bathroom.” Shivaay's voice was soft and a lull to the reality. She obliged to what he said and opened the door after turning off the tap. She stumbled and stubbed her toe against the door frame. “Are you okay? Are you feeling dizzy?”

“No, no, I am fine, just a little…” she trailed off, not knowing what to say as she tried to stand straight.

“Just don't hang up on me, okay? You are listening to what I am saying right, love?” He questioned with an urgency. She was only half listening because her mind was fogging up and she couldn't stand properly. Leaning against the wall, she answered a yeah. “Good, now go to my closet and take out one of my hoodies.”