21 | doubts

A / N

Hey everyone! I hope you had a good time if you celebrated Diwali.

This chapter is going to raise some questions (at least I want this to happen).

Dedicating this to CrazyMosaics

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

21 | doubts

SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI was nothing but a raging and breathing storm. He slammed the newspaper on Trisha's desk and she jumped up in fright. “What is this Trisha?” he asked, his voice a deathly calm that chilled Trisha to bones.

“Sir, I can–I am sorry,” she stuttered.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Shivaay asked and the paper crumpled in his hands. “Look at this Trisha Singhania. You have made a big mistake. And this will be your ruining.”

“No, please, no, you can't do this.”

“Oh, but I can and I will, Trisha Singhania. YOU ARE FIRED. GET OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I RUIN YOUR FAMILY TOO ‘CAUSE I AM DAMN WELL RUINING YOU.”

By now Trisha was crying, tears running down her face and she folded her hands together. “Sir, please, I beg you, please.”

“Trisha, I meant what I said. If you stay here, it'll only make things worse.” He dismissed her, his tone thick with disdain.

She wiped her tears and collected her things, leaving in just two minutes. Shivaay pokes around to see that all the employees were curiously looking over. “What are you guys looking at my face for? Get back to your fucking work.”

And he stormed out of the building, glancing down at the newspaper. “IS THE LAND WHERE HUNDREDS WERE KILLED YEARS AGO BOUGHT BY AN ANONYMOUS BUYER?” It wasn't true, the damn land wasn't even up for sale and somehow, under his nose somebody had proposed to buy that land and he didn't know?

Gods, what the fuck was happening?

He was spiralling out of control because suddenly old wounds were opened up and it made him lose his nerve. He had never lost his cool like this. Ever. And now this was going to raise questions because why would just a piece of land trigger the hell out of Shivaay Singh Oberoi. The truth was that it wasn't land that bothered him. It was the people it was associated with and what went down that one night which broke his mum.

But in his subconscious mind it wasn't what everybody was going to say bothered him, it was why were these things suddenly coming up when the chapter had been closed long ago.

Little did he know that the chapter never ended let alone close.

Omkara pushed the key inside the keyhole and turned it, ready to surprise his family–mostly his wife who was missing him so much. But what he had forgotten was that whenever he wasn't around, Gauri Oberoi was hanging out with her friends, shopping or doing stuff so she didn't feel lonely. He sighed when he came to an empty house. Why hadn't he thought before? He could have at least told somebody he was coming so they could have made sure Gauri was home.

His surprise, very unsurprisingly, went out of the window.

“Who's there?” It was Anika's voice and Omkara's eyebrows knitted in confusion ‘cause as far as he knew his brother Shivaay wouldn't let Anika stay alone at the house. He could only assume that Shivaay didn't know.