22 Bad Boy Kisses

I am so sorrrryyy! I was in the middle of writing the chapter and I passed out! Then I had work today and couldn't finish it until now! So here you all goo! I don't really like how this chapter came out but I hope you guys do! Comment and vote to let me know you dooo!

Enjoy!!!

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22: 22 Bad Boy Kisses

The nice nurse finished wiping my bloody cheek and pulled back giving me a warm smile. “All done dear. Would you like something to drink?” You could tell she felt sorry for me. After all, I just got out of an ambulance with Austin who was dying right in front of me. I was thankful for her.

“Some coffee please.” I needed energy. My body was weak and I couldn’t think straight at the moment. Too many things were running through my head.

“Of course.” She walked off and I watched her until she vanished around the corner. I was the only one in the waiting room and I pulled my legs up onto the chair, resting my chin on my knees. This wasn’t how I planned on spending my night.

Once we reached the hospital they rushed Austin in and I was told I had to wait out here. I don’t know how long it had been since I got here but it felt like forever.

I had no idea how I was going to explain to his family what happened. I couldn’t even figure out what happened. One minute I’m leaning over Austin, the next he’s having a knife plunged into him. I clenched my fist at the thought and heard Austin’s screams in my head.

A warm substance was placed on my shoulder and I shot my eyes open in panic only to find the same nurse staring at me. “Here you go.” She handed me the coffee and I gratefully took it. “Sweetie, are you sure you are okay? Do I need to call someone for you?”

I shook my head. “His family is on the way. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” She headed off again but this time she wasn’t coming back.

The coffee was hot, so I blew on it and then took a sip. My throat was dry from all the crying and I knew my eyes were swollen. I just couldn’t get Austin screaming out of my mind. It was the only thing sticking and I wanted it to go away.

Without realizing, I finished the cup of coffee and I got up to throw the Styrofoam cup away. Taking my seat again, I curled into myself and rested my head against the wall behind me. When we reached the hospital Austin was unconscious and now I have no idea if he woke up again or is gone… for good.

I gulped at the thoughts and clenched tighter onto the arm rests. I couldn’t live with myself If knew that I let Austin die. The worst part is, I can’t even remember the kids’ faces because of all the panic I was in, I just can’t put the faces together.

The McKingsley’s are going to hate me. Hailey and Matt are going to hate me. Hell, I’ll even fucking hate myself. I should have done something else to save him.

I couldn’t wait for any longer. The suspense was killing me.

I walked up to the front desk and waited for the nurse to look up at me. When she finally did I right away asked, “Is Austin McKingsley okay? Have you heard anything about it?”

She shook her head in sorrow and my heart fell. “They are still operating on him sweet heart. I’m sorry.”

Not even acknowledging her, I pushed away from the front desk and went back to my seat.