17 Bad Boy Kisses

If you didn't already, go back to chapter 16 and re-read the ending because there is changes! If you don't then you will be confused !

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17: 17 Bad Boy Kisses

Sunday flew by.

For the rest of the weekend, I ignored everyone’s texts and calls. Yes, that included Jared’s. His were the most I was avoiding and I knew I was doing the right thing. I was nothing to him and we both knew it. He told me himself that all he wanted to do was bang me and I was so glad, that I didn’t fall for his pathetic trap and actually sleep with him.

Going home Saturday night was the right choice and waking up to my parents instead of Jared made my day. Explaining everything to them and objecting to pressing charges against Conner was more of the hard part but I got through it and now it was Monday and I had one more group of people to deal with.

The kids at school.

I wasn’t sure how everything was going to go because the last everyone was told was Jared and I were dating. Then, Conner was back in the picture and was taken away for mental illness after beating me in public. Rumors were around town by now and it was only two days after the whole incident. I had no idea what I was going to be telling people. I had no idea what people were saying.

It scared me to know that my life was in other peoples hands right now. Anybody can say anything and then it will be the story that will stick. It’s happened plenty of times to kids in my school and some move away because the rumors get too hard to take.

Now it was me who was in the situation and I was praying that the right story was being told. Conner abused me and was also being abused. That was a sum up of it and was the only thing that needed to be told to anyone. But even I knew that rumors were still going to be spread and I would have to bear with them until they finally went away or something else even more news worthy came about.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

I snapped out of my thoughts and my parents and I looked towards the front of the house where we could see a parked car outside waiting for me. It was Hailey. I stood up from the table just noticing that I didn’t even touch my breakfast. I shrugged my bag onto my shoulder and kissed both my parent’s on the cheeks.

My mom grabbed my hand and gave me a soft smile. “Sweetie, you don’t have to go to school today, if you don’t want too.” My parents have been telling me to stay home for the day to relax and rest but I knew if I didn’t face this now, it would only get worse.

“I’ll be fine, I promise.” I gave them both a confident smile and pulled my hand away. “Someone’s got to face the world for me. Why not I do it?” I joked. They laughed too but you could tell they weren’t too happy about me leaving the house. “Nothing is going to happen, I promise.”

I quickly made my way outside before they could persuade me anymore and sighed heavily. I loved that they were trying to help but I didn’t want to be a coward and hide from everyone. If I waited any longer, it would only escalate into something bigger. I had to tame the fire now before it caught more in its path.

I stopped mid-step, my bag whacking into my thigh.

What was he doing here?

Jared was leaning against his bike his arms and ankles crossed and his head was down. I looked over at Hailey’s car to see her looking back and forth between Jared and me. When I caught her eye she shrugged at me.