11 Bad Boy Kisses

Sorry for the wait, I was sick :/ but thanks for all the votes last chapter! I hope you guys like this one(; mwahaha let's do 150 votes this time because last time you guys had 100 votes the next day ahaha

Enjoyyy!

P.S. Not proof-read

Chapter 11: 11 Bad Boy Kisses

With the music blasting from downstairs and people talking, I thought I heard him wrong. Then I felt stupid because he was only about a foot away from me and it was quiet upstairs. That only meant one thing then. I couldn’t help the surprised look that overcame my face. The question was no longer, ‘did I hear it him right?’ but ‘did he really just ask me that?’

My answer was immediate. “No.” I started walking towards the stairs when Jared gripped my wrist and pulled me back into the semi dark hallway.

“What? Where are you going?”

I need more alcohol, I thought to myself. Then I rejected that thought because if I was intoxicated I would probably have thrown myself at Jared. I wouldn’t lie, I was attracted to him but I definitely didn’t feel anything for him and I don’t want our weird friendship thingy to be jeopardized.

“I’m going back to the party. I mean that is the reason why I came.” I said a little snippy. I couldn’t help myself. Why would Jared want to kiss me? Was he really being so nice to me and goofing off with me just so we could hook up? I didn’t want to read to much into it so I dropped my thoughts and tried to move around him again.

He put a hand on my shoulder and stopped my get away. “You can’t just give me that short answer and leave. Explain.”

I gave him a dirty look. “What do I need to explain? I said no because I don’t want too.” I shook my head and pushed his hand off of me which he let me do. “I shouldn’t even be explaining myself,” I looked him in the eye, “because I don’t need too.”

“What’s so wrong with kissing me?”

Were we really going to fight about this when my abusive ex is the room right behind us? Jared didn’t know that though so I guess we were. “Look, I just got out of a relationship, I just started talking to you, I just started accepting you as a friend and,” I was gritting my teeth by this part, “I just want to go back to the damn party and have fun.”

Jared bit his lip trying to hold back a smile and that just infuriated me more. “You are hot when you are feisty.” He moved closer to me and placed his hands on my hips. Our chests were flushed together. I could smell the axe cologne he was wearing.

“You aren’t getting anything out of me Jared. Not now and not ever.” I spoke with confidence lowering my eyes to his lips to see they were millimeters away from mine.

“You seem so sure of that Emilie. So then why are you staring at my lips?” The humor in his voice wasn’t hidden.

“I have a thing for lips.”

Jared and I both made weird faces at that statement and then started laughing. That had to be the dumbest thing I had ever said. I pushed myself away from him and smiled at him. He was shaking his head and ran a hand through his hair.

“You are weird, you know that.”

I shrugged still laughing a little. “And you’re a jerk.”

“Touché.”

I winked at him and then poked his chest. “I won’t kiss you because you are my friend—“

He cut me off by placing a hand over my now stilled lips. “You are considering me your friend now?”