Chapter 15

Please vote and let me know what you think. also how do you feel about jayden? feel sorry for him, hate him, love him :D thanks for everyones support and enjoy :D xxx

Jayden seemed to want to leave. He kept looking over at the door and his stance was awkward-unusual for him as he was usually so…suave.

After a few more minutes of fidgeting and what appeared to be deep thought he moved to stand a few metres in front of Jasmine. His shoulders were tensed and the corners of his mouth were turned down.

“Look I know you probably hate me right now but you need to give me some answers.”

“Answers about what?” Jasmine asked scornfully.

“What major cases are the company working on at the moment? Why did you come here in the first place? What are your suspicions?”

Jasmine just sat in silence. He had kept her here for how many days just to ask her about work. Had he gone insane?

A cold, harsh laugh escaped her as Jayden continued to stare at her incredulously.

“You’ve kept me here all this time because you want to know what case I’m working on?”

“I need to know, ok.”

Because your uncle is also being very uncooperative-Jayden thought snidely. Even though Mr Hodge was on their side he was still very unwilling to give them much information about his company. He gave them small little tid-bits. Enough to retain his usefulness to them but they knew that he wasn’t really telling them anything significant.

What they really needed to know was how close the company was to discovering their drugs operation. Jasmine’s parents had already come close-which was why they had had to die. But if the company was slowly putting together the pieces then they would have a much bigger problem on their hands.

Mr Hodge wouldn’t do anything but if he wanted to get out of the operation it would be easy for him to stand by while one of his operatives went to the police. And it would be just like Jasmine to be the one to figure it out.

He turned his attention back to Jasmine with an expectant expression.

She pondered her answer for a few moments. Well if he really did want information then he was going to have to work for it.

“So if I tell you that I’m not working on anything at the moment, you’ll let me go.” She raised an eyebrow sarcastically.

“Don’t try and be smart,” Jayden snapped, “you’re obviously lying. I know you came here for a reason, what was it?”

Was that panic she saw in the depths of his eyes?

Jayden forced himself to remain calm. But deep down he knew what her answer was going to be. He knew that she knew about the drugs. She had been conditioning Mark for weeks before she came to the club; asking all sorts of suspicious questions.

He had hoped she’d just been fishing for clues and answers but of course that wasn’t Jasmine’s style. She was the best agent they had for a reason. But if she knew too much then there was nothing he could do.

Jasmine, on the other hand, had long ago resigned herself to the fact that she was probably going to die here. After days of abuse she finally knew what they wanted from her. It wasn’t as if she’d thought they would let her go anyway.  She could tell that Jayden knew the truth though he seemed to need to hear it from her own lips.

However once she told him that would be it. Game over. He would report back to whoever he worked for and they would kill her for knowing too much.