Chapter 12

• Dedicated to Connor 'Guilty' Buchanan

Heyy so here's my new chapter. its not that long but i hope it shows you a new side to jayden we havent really seen. Please tell me what you think of it and how you feel about any of the characters now! Thanks for your support! ENJOY AND VOMMENT PLEASE! :D xx

“Mark!” Jayden yelled, as he stalked through the halls of the closed nightclub.

 “Mark? Come here now!”

 A few seconds passed before Mark slowly emerged from behind one of the doors which led to the toilets. He was looking slightly pale as if he knew he had been found out.

 Striding over to him Jayden grabbed Mark by the scruff of his collar and dragged him over to the rear exit. Mark had no choice but to allow himself to be hauled over there by the neck, trying his best not to fall over. When they reached it Jayden pulled him upright and looked fully into his eyes.

 “Did you show the tape to Jas…err our hostage?” he asked. 

Mark didn’t answer. 

Pushing Mark out through the back door to the night club and out into the alley beyond he then slammed the door shut behind him, not wanting Jasmine to hear what was going on, as well as to cut off one of Mark’s key escape routes should he try to run.

“I’ll ask you again,” anger was now beginning to colour his voice, “did you show her the tape?”

Mark tried to conceal it by looking down at his feet but he wasn’t fast enough. Jayden saw it. That little flash of guilt had told him everything. His suspicion had been right. This was the man who had gone behind his back. This was the man who had turned Jasmine into something he could barely recognise. This was a man-who needed to pay.

That small conformation had been all that was needed for his initial anger to come flooding back. It cause a rushing sound to fill his ears and his line of vision to focus on nothing but the sorry excuse for a man who stood in front of him.

As Mark looked up with a wary expression he started to speak, planning to try and lie his way out.

“Sir I…”

But Jayden would listen to none of his excuses. He punched Mark squarely in the jaw putting as much force behind the blow as he could. Marks head snapped to the side and he staggered, nearly falling over and only just managing to keep on his feet.

Taking advantage of Marks disorientation and inability to fight back he grabbed the now bleeding man by the throat and flung him against the cold stone wall behind him, using the full weight of his body to pin the heavier man there.

Mark had regained some of his senses and began fighting against Jayden’s hold using his distinct weight advantage. Jayden, however, had had years of training and he was accustomed to fighting men both fatter and burlier than he was; he merely tightened his grip on Marks throat cutting off all but the tiniest trickle of air needed to keep him conscious. Soon Marks body sagged heavily and his chest rose and fell rapidly, trying to drag more oxygen into his deprived lungs. The blood that oozed from a wide cut in his lip dribbled pitifully onto his shirt.

Satisfied that Mark was no longer going to fight him he leant slowly down towards the side of Mark’s head until his lips were in line with his ear, merely a centimetre away. His lips split into a cruel smile revealing his teeth. Unknown to him it was a grimace full of anticipation and relish.

He barely had to whisper for Mark to hear him and yet the sound of his voice shocked even himself.

His tone was harsher than he’d ever heard it- but not cold. Instead it was filled with an anger so intense his voice shook with the force of his fury.  His breath was shallow. It came in light gasps.

His voice promised pain, suffering and death. It was a voice you could imagine hearing as a part of your most terrifying nightmare in the blackest, most foreboding night. Never, in his whole entire life, had he ever poured as much of his soul into the words he had spoken- until this very moment.

“You dare go behind my back!” he hissed “You dare ignore my orders and sneak around without me knowing. You dare undermine my authority, you worthless piece of scum!”

His voice had now risen to a roaring shout and he had to make the conscious effort to lower his tone.

“Hear me now, if you ever do anything like this again I…Will…Kill you. If you so much as lay a hand on her I will come for you in the middle of the night and I will rip you apart.”

“I…I didn’t…” Mark whimpered pathetically.

“I saw the bruise on her face. Do you take me for an idiot? I know about your sick little fantasies and I know you dream of trying them with her but believe me that will never happen. If I find out you have tainted her I will cause you more agony than you could ever imagine. You will hope that every breath you take will be your last just so the pain will end. By the time I am through every sentence will be a plea for death- for release from the torture. And do not think I am incapable; I have killed before. I have slaughtered men while they sleep, women while they eat and babies while they cry and you…”

He paused and took a deep shuddering breath as if that could rid him of the horrifying images that plagued him almost every night.

“…you are nothing. Do you understand?” he voice had suddenly turned flat, all of the anger draining out of him to be replaced by a menacing outer shell. No longer full of a furious passion but a steely determination. This change had not made his last words any less terrifying.

“Y-y-yes, sir.” Mark stuttered.

With a disgusted sigh Jayden threw Mark roughly to the floor. Scrambling quickly to his feet Mark scurried away cursing under his breath.

Sagging back against the wall he slid to the floor, not caring that the ground was covered in dirt and who knew what else. When he got back he was going to have a nice long shower, he decided.

He felt dirty, and not just because of where he was. His skin crawled with the need to wash away all thought of what had just happened. A sense of shame welled up inside of him.

It had been years since his anger had burst out like that, and never with such force. It scared him a little; his reaction to the thought of Mark touching Jasmine. And he felt ashamed that he hadn’t been able to keep in control better.

As he sat there trying to calm his breathing he contemplated his past. Attempting to remember the faces of the people he had murdered. However he could not recall a single one; instead all that filled his head was the sound of their screams. Men, women and children: Screaming… Begging… Gasping…

He couldn’t stand it anymore. Running his hands roughly through his hair he tugged at the messy strands as if he could pull the haunting thoughts straight out of his head. If only it was so easy.

Suddenly he lurched to his feet; using the wall to support himself. Taking just a moment for the feeling of light-headedness to leave him he strode off down the alley and out onto the main road beyond. He didn’t even look back as he walked down the street and into the darkness beyond.

The night’s smoky tendrils embraced him like a long lost friend and he disappeared from view-lost in the gloom.