Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Laura Christian

I would just like to say i am sorry for taking so long to upload but i had TONS AND TONS of homework. But to make up for it here is my very long chapter! Well, it's long for me anyway.

Sooo I hope you enjoy it! please comment with ideas and what you think etc.

VOMMENT! but also tell me: At the moment, who do you want Jasmine to end up with Jayden or Chase. And also what do you think of both guys? Thank youu! I will get on with it now!! ;) HOPE YOU LIKE IT! X

Mr Hodge reclined back into his chair, took a sip of his coffee and pulled a face; it was cold. Muttering grumpily to himself he looked over his shoulder at the clock on the wall behind him. 15 minutes. 15 minutes since Chase had left for Jasmines house. As long as there had been no traffic he should be arriving within the next 5 minutes. Which meant he should get a call within about the next 10 minutes if she was there, if she wasn’t however…

Rinngggg…Ringggg! The sudden noise made Mr Hodge jump at least an inch in the air causing cold coffee to spill onto his beige jacket. ‘DAMN’ he thought, grumbling a string of curses under his breath while trying to mop the coffee off of his jacket, with any success. Eventually he realised it was useless so he grabbed the phone off of the receiver and practically shouted down it.

“YES, what do you want?” he snapped.

The icy voice that floated out of the phone made Mr Hodges blood run cold.

“Oh sorry sir, I didn’t realise it was you. What can I help you with?” he asked with a shaky voice.

“How is your niece?” the low, calm voice said.

“She is fine, just fine,”

“Oh really, because I happen to know that she is sneaking around behind your back. You really should keep a better eye on her you know.”

Mr Hodge gulped. “Wh-what do you mean?” he stammered as his stomach sank.

“She’s very close to finding out.”

And with those words Mr Hodge’s worst fears were confirmed.

‘Stupid girl!’ he thought. ‘Why had she not just listened to him?’

The tension that rested in the silence that followed was almost tangible.

“How much does she know?” he whispered.

“She’s found the base and had access to a very important source. But don’t worry I have it under control, she doesn’t know anything for sure but there is no way we can let her go. It would ruin the entire project, everything would be lost. There’s only one thing to do…”

He left the sentence hanging but he didn’t need to finish it.

“No,” Mr Hodge whispered, mostly to himself.

“What did you say?” His voice was venomous.

“There must be some other way,” he said quickly,

“Are you questioning me? May I remind you who is in charge here? Don’t go against me on this or it may be you who ends up in the hole, get it?”

“But…”

“GET IT!”

“…fine. But what are we going to tell everyone, if she just disappears people will start asking questions?”

“I’ll sort it, don’t worry. We will work out a story later but for now just make sure no one starts getting suspicious.”

“Wait …”