Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Emma Jeffries

This was written under extreme pressure from NED so im sorry if its not very good but i am tired!! but i have done my best and i hope you like it :D please VOMMENT!! xxx <3

Not having eaten for approximately 3 days Jasmine knew she was getting weaker. The succulent smell of the food she had been teased with yesterday wouldn’t leave her mind. Mark hadn’t returned yet, but she knew he would, and when he did she was pretty sure he wouldn’t bring her any food then. She would just have to pray for a miracle.

She decided that if God answered her prayer and provided her with food in any form she would accept his existence. If not…well it wasn’t like she was going to cry about it or anything.

After a short burst of frustration which had swamped her soon after Mark had left which had left her screaming and flailing out violently against her ties, she had long given up struggling to escape, knowing it was futile. So, with nothing else to do and the room providing nothing but dark, plain walls to occupy her time, she had done nothing but sit there in a coma like state, drifting in and out of sleep, dreaming of food and freedom.

Only the sound of brisk footfalls broke Jasmine out of her reverie. A sudden thought broke through the haze in her mind, causing a hysterical giggle to burst forth from her dry lips.

‘Mark was coming back to continue his torture -maybe even to kill her.’

No, she was going to make it out of here; she hadn’t discovered everything she had for nothing. Maybe she could bargain her way out of this mess…

Well whatever she had to do she was going to do it. And once she got out of here she was going straight to her uncle, not just to tell him what she had found out about the black market drugs operation, but also to get some much needed answers. For now, however, she was just going to have to deal with what happened next as best she could.

The slither of light that flooded into the room was startlingly bright and obviously artificial. It made Jasmine’s vision blur and blocked out the lean figure that entered the room.

No matter how well Jasmine had convinced herself that her impending fate wasn’t death she couldn’t help the flutter rise up in her stomach and the instinctive tightening of her throat. Quickly though she gathered her resolve and made her expression as blank as possible; not wanting Mark to see that she was afraid of him. Whatever Mark was going to do to her she wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her fear.

The man who entered the room was not who she had expected it to be. In fact he was practically the opposite of who she had prepared herself for. With his lightly ruffled chocolate brown hair sticking haphazardly around his handsome face like a halo he looked every inch of a man who was in complete control of the situation-and knew it.

Jasmine fought hard to keep her face impassive as she took in the sight of him, her gaze coming to rest on his harsh glare. For a moment she almost lost herself in the glittering green depths of his eyes. But his brisk steps towards her only caused her muscles to tense in preparation for the oncoming assault.

Jayden grabbed the chair from the corner of the room and placed it, about a foot from Jasmine’s legs, and straddled it so he could sit more comfortably. The close proximity did nothing to calm her nerves.

Instead of questioning her straight away like she thought he would Jayden just sat there, watching her with his piercing gaze. What was probably a minute felt like an hour under his intense stare before he finally spoke, his voice calm and smooth.

“Well, you certainly seem to be in a better mood than the last time we spoke,” he chuckled lightly to himself.

Her reply was a stony silence.