Chapter 16

OKayy so here's the latest chapter. It's mainly from Jayden's point of view and clearly he's having a rough time of it :/ awww poor him. Well anyway i hope you enjoy it. Pleave vomment :D thanks a lot xxx

Jasmine’s entire body froze. Her mind stopped. She even, for a moment, ceased to breathe. Had she heard him right? He couldn’t possibly be telling the truth…could he?

She stared hard at the back of his head, as he was facing away from her now, but she could see that he was hiding his face in his hands.

“What do you mean they have your-,” her voice came out as a whisper and her tone was gentle but she wasn’t able to finish the sentence as she suddenly found that her windpipe was being squashed by Jayden’s large hands.

Without so much as a single sound Jayden had launched himself across the room and clamped his hands around her throat successfully cutting off her speech. His face was only a few inches away and the sudden proximity would have bothered her but she was too focused on his expression. His lips were twisted into a snarl and his fiery green eyes bored into hers.

“Don’t say another word.” His voice shook with an expression she couldn’t define. “You ever repeat what I just said, to anyone I’ll…I’ll…” Jasmine would have been afraid of how angry he seemed if not for what she saw in his eyes-panic. His gaze was wild, manic and filled with anxiety.

He wasn’t really intending to hurt her; he was just afraid. Afraid for himself or for his sister she wondered. But she wasn’t about to test him so, unable to speak, she just nodded slowly-not making any sudden movements, as if he was a dangerous animal, which in this current state, he pretty much was.

 “You can’t tell anyone!” he repeated.

‘I promise,’ she mouthed.

Gradually Jayden’s fingers slipped from around her neck but he remained kneeling in front of her. With his head hanging and his stylishly messy brown hair falling across his forehead the way it was, he looked astonishingly vulnerable. But Jasmine didn’t dare day anything-instead she waited anxiously for him to make the next move.

After a long, heavy sigh he finally looked up at her with anguished eyes. Keeping his gaze locked on her he slowly raised his hand and tenderly laid his palm against her cheek.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured, “I wouldn’t…I wouldn’t have…” he seemed unable to finish.

Jasmine tried to continue to breathe normally but even she could hear that her breathing was shallow and shaky. She tried to keep her face impassive-Jayden still seemed on the edge-but she couldn’t stop the shiver of heat that raced through her at his touch.

 “It’s ok, it’s ok. Shh, I know you wouldn’t have hurt me.”

Jasmine’s head was still teeming with questions about what he had just told her-more questions than she’s had before. But she knew better than to start interrogating him now. There would be time for that later. For now she kept them to herself.

Jayden didn’t speak but gingerly stroked his long, elegant fingers down her cheek, along her jaw line. His stare was so intense and made Jasmine’s breath catch in her throat. The tension between them crackled like electricity along a wire. Jasmine subconsciously felt herself leaning forwards towards him until their lips were only a few inches apart.

Suddenly the silence was broken by a shrill ringing which made them both jump violently. Jayden practically leapt away from her as he searched frantically for his phone. He found it after a few moments but when he checked the number his manner changed completely.