XXV // You

AN: Heey guys.

This is a filler chapter. IT IS NOT NECCESSARY TO THE STORY.

I AM HAVING SOME MINOR TROUBLE WORKING OUT THE END OF THIS BOOK AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE IT ALL WORKS REALLY WELL, SO I DON'T WANT TO PUT IT OUT QUITE JUST YET.

SO THIS CHAPTER IS JUST ZAN AND DECKLYNN. IT IS A TAD 'RAUNCHY' IF YOU WILL. (Nothing too graphic). SO READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO - YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK OR SO FOR A NEW CHAPTER. :/

But you know, for those of us who like the whole Zander/Decklynn super hot spy couple thing going on . . . this is for you. ;)

I stare up at a ceiling that is new to me, but my morning ritual of staring into space feels regular - as if I was at home. The ceiling itself is quite old and looks like the peeled painted could drop onto my face any second. But it is fascinating to wake up to a ceiling that finally feels like home after weeks of hotels and campers. But this is not home.

But then I look to my side at a shirtless young man and realize that is why I feel like I am back in my apartment. Zander turns over to face me but does not open his eyes. I feel like reaching out and placing my fingertips on his cheek.

I realize that nothing is stopping me anymore. There is no fear of him finding out I fancy him because, well, that's already out there.

So my touch finds his face. His eyelids flutter, quickly revealing green eyes and hiding them again repeatedly. An arm wraps around me and pulls me into him. I smile and rest in the open space between us, closing the gap.

I don't remember at what point I fell asleep last night. We had just talked for a long time after our lips had become swollen and tired. Its absurd to me how there is so much I don't know about when it comes to boys. Like, who knew your lips swell when you kiss someone too much? Maybe everyone does. Except me.

I told Zander this, and he laughed at me. But in a way that wasn't demeaning or insulting. He just pulled me closer to him and planted one more kiss on my lips. He said he didn't know a kiss could be so intoxicating.

And that cued the warm feelings to float throughout my body endlessly.

A couple more conversations and a few more kisses later, I remember him tucking me under the covers before he checked on Rylan and then slid under the blankets as well.

I didn't even notice he had taken off his shirt. But when he is this close this morning, it is literally impossible not to.

I lean away from him slightly so I can trace my finger down his stomach. I would have never dreamed of doing such a thing before, but when you know someone loves you I guess that opens a whole other range of actions and emotions - a relationship. I find that now I just do without thinking.

But I am nervous even feeling his skin. I feel an internal shake in my fingers and hope he can't tell.

I draw a circle and his abs clench under my touch. I smack him before I retract my hand. "Ow," he mumbles into my hair.

"That did not hurt," I whisper.

Zander mumbles something I can't interpret and grabs my hand. He places my hand back on his bare skin. "You can touch me or hurt me or do whatever you want to me," he utters rather seductively.

I swallow and find my breaths suddenly difficult to catch.

He guides my hand over his chest and stomach, then down his arms. "I want you to know me," he says.

"By touch in case I go blind?" I mock.

He cracks a smile and nods. He takes my fingertips back to his abs and drag them further down. This is dangerous. My fingerprints feel whatever underwear is secured to his hips and I try to jerk my hand away.