II // Europe?

I keep my eyes fixed on the egg-covered individual. "Hi," I say sheepishly. I consider apologizing for throwing food at him, or asking him if he wants some orange juice, but I just remain quiet. I need to know why he is here first. So I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to speak.

He gets up and walks to the opposite side of the island so he is facing me. He places large hands on the granite counter top and meets my eyes with very beautiful green ones. "I'm your partner," he states.

Oh crap. "Well. That was a great way to start a partnership and a mission, don't you think?" I ask embarrassed. He kinda sorta chuckles and shakes his head.

"I usually prefer to not be covered in egg, but whatever." His words seem sarcastic, but his tone and facial expression are serious. He abandons his spot at the counter, walks towards the living room with an easy stride, and seats his casually-dressed self on my sofa.

I cringe because I really don't want egg on my couch, but I don't say anything. He meets my glare with an impassive look.

I am not going to let a stranger waltz into my apartment and sit in silence without explaining himself. Anybody who does that is certainly going to cross my rage eventually. "So why are you here?" I try.

"I'm your partner," he repeats with an eye roll. When all he receives in response from me is a cold stare, he continues, "To recover Agent Graham, the missing kid." He says it with a little too much impatience for my liking.

"Yes, I know. But I was told I would be meeting you tomorrow at the air base," I say with raised eyebrows. "And not in my private apartment where I have no idea when or how you came in."

"7:04 am. South bedroom window." He scans his fingernails while he says it, but looks up at me. "Nice bedroom. The guys must love it in there."

I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and my annoyance with this dude really reaching new heights. "That is what you chose to address from my statement?" I try to say it as calmly as possible.

He shrugs. "The other part about the airbase really isn't important."

Gah! I roll my eyes and nearly stomp over to where his is situated. I look down at him and notice the playful spark in his eyes. He is just teasing me. He's not this stupid. I hope. Otherwise, it is going to be hell working with him. "Well, I am going to go on record here and inform you that sneaking into a persons private abode is wrong, rude, and perverted."

He leans back slightly and places a hand on his chest in surprise. His eyes are wide, but the smirk on his face lets me know he is feigning this innocent look. "It might have been slightly on the rude side, but it definitely does not cross the line to perverted. I only looked in your drawers once and-"

"What?" I scream.

But he is laughing and shaking his head. "Just kidding."

I glower at him. "I have a lot more eggs that I am not afraid to waste on your face," I threaten.

He pretends to look scared. "Oh no," he whispers.

I ignore his weird reaction and realize that I am getting nowhere. "What is your name?" I demand.

"James... Kirk."

I seriously feel like kicking him in the shin. "You do not belong on the enterprise," I say matter-of-factly. His Star Trek reference is slightly amusing, but it is just getting in the way of some answers right now.

"Zander Brek," he gives in. I eye him skeptically, not sure if I can believe him. "I promise that is my name, Agent Carter."

I've heard of Agent Brek before. According to the rumours, he is at the top of almost all of his classes. He is a fighter and an enforcer and and expert in all things espionage. I can't decide if this is the best, or the worst, news I have heard all day. "Well, Agent Brek, your reputation precedes you."