Epilogue: Five Years Later

"Okay, Trish, you ready to walk Brother to school?" The little girl with her brown hair and bright blue eyes nodded her head and outstretched her arms to indicate that she wanted her father to pick her up. He complied and walked over to where her mother and brother were waiting.

"You excited for your first day of school, Baylor?" Casey asked her child as he clutched the straps of his blue backpack. 

"Yes, Mommy!" He replied eagerly. 

Kevin fell in step with Casey and the family walked to a nearby elementary school that their son would be attending.

Adjusting to life in Australia had been hard at first, but Casey and Kevin made due. With the money Casey had, she bought them new identities and plane tickets to somewhere far away from Baltimore. The two were able to get a house with the money and work visas to stay and that's all they needed. At first, Kevin stayed in a separate room, but their relationship grew romantic about three years in. Everyday Casey would wake up in fear that the Kevin she knew was going to be replaced by a personality and everyday he would wake up and assure her it was him. 

It was hard at first. Kevin felt the pain he had been avoiding for years and he could feel the personalities all vying for a chance at the light, but he knew Patricia and Dennis were keeping them at bay. He knew they were helping him stay strong and stay in the light. He was grateful, but he knew there was no way to thank them without surrounding the light. 

The Beast stayed true to his word. He never fought for the light. He just stayed in his train yard and waited for the day Kevin gave up the light. But the day never came, so he slept with Casey always in his dreams.

Kevin and Casey lived their lives as normal as they could. Casey never told him what she did to Richards and he never asked. Some things were better left unknown. They healed each other, as Casey predicted they would. Their souls were broken, but together they were fixed. Casey feared that Kevin would never accept Baylor as his, but a few months after their escape, Casey found him holding the child, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. From that day forward, he always treated Baylor like his.

When Casey revealed to him that they were expecting another child, he had only one request. If it was a girl, they name her Patricia. Casey couldn't think of a better name for their child. 

That was two years ago. As the small family walked to the school, they couldn't help but be happy. There was nothing that could hurt them now. No purity that threatened them, no monsters from their past coming out to haunt them. They were there for each other, for worse or for better. And that's how they intended it to be. 

**********************************************************************

I hope you all enjoy the conclusion of the Altercations Series!! I know this has been a long time in the making, but I know this is how it was suppose to end. Let me know what you think!! This has been an amazing adventure and I am so glad I got to write this story. Tears were shed as I came to a conclusion. Thank you all for your reads, your votes, your comments, your support. You guys are the best. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.