9

NOTE: I didn't come up with this idea. I was on Instagram one day, and there was an x reader thing that I skimmed through, and it had this concept, and the idea and all that.

So if anyone can find that and tell me who came up with it, please let me know so I can credit them!

I was too lazy to read over this so please ignore any mistakes I made.

Please enjoy!

Johnny's POV

The bell for 10th period rang, and I darted out of my seat. I grabbed my books off my desk, and started off down the hallway.

Everyone was coming out of their classes at the same time, so you were basically bound to run into someone. Just hope for your life it isn't a violent Soc.

I walked over to my locker, just a few away from my best friend's, Pony Curtis, and started packing my stuff away. I put a book into my bag and slung it over my shoulder, swinging the locker shut.

Pony closed his locker at nearly the same time as me, and I caught up to him, so we could walk out together.

"Hey Johnny," He said, smiling a little.

"Hey, Pony," I replied, letting my eyes dart up from the ground. My cheeks burned at the sight of his smile. To fill you in, that's been happening a lot lately. We'll be talking, and he'll say something that'll make me go red.

I think I really like him. I know, I know, a little far-fetched. But I really think so. I dunno.. I guess I just need time to sort out my feelings. Maybe I'm confused.

While I was in the midst of thinking, Pony'd dove into his usual rambling about everything going on throughout the day. It made me smile. I loved listening to him talk, and I loved hearing what he had to say. Even if it was meaningless, nothing he said was meaningless to me.

We walked all the way to the lot, like usual, and sat down to do our homework.

Ponyboy's POV

By the time the stars had come out, we were both at least mostly done with our homework.

Johnny abruptly stopped writing and turned to me.

"Pony?"

"Yeah?" I looked up at him from my paper.

"Can you show me some constellations..?" He asked, quietly.

"'Course, Johnnycake." I replied, getting up. I motioned for him to follow me, as I walked out to a nice spot in the grass.

Johnny laid down next to me.

"Do ya have it?" I asked him. He nodded, revealing the constellation guide I gave him a few weeks ago.

He flipped to a random page, and I reached over and traced a constellation in the book.

"There," I whispered, taking his hand in mine and pointing to it, up in the sky.

"Woah.." Johnny whispered, nearly inaudibly. He flipped the page again, and picked one out. After looking at the sky for a few moments, he picked that one out, too.

"Hey, he said, "we should make our own constellation."

He flipped to the back cover and walked back over to his bag, getting out a pen. He sat back down, and handed it to me.

"Pick some stars and connect em'," he told me.

I picked a few stars out, and drew them out on the cover. After thinking for a few seconds, I connected them.

"What should we name it?" I asked, looking back up at him. He licked his lips, thinking for a moment.

"What's the date today?"

"December 29th, I think.."

"Let's name it that," He replied, and I handed him the pen. He wrote right above the constellation I drew, chewing his bottom lip. He hastily shut the book and handed it back to me.

I yawned, and he smiled slightly in my direction. "Tired? I'll walk you home, if you want.."

"Aw, that's awful sweet of you." I said, starting to gather up my stuff.

Johnny chuckled in response. "My pleasure," he said, jokingly bowing. I snickered, throwing my bag over my shoulder. Johnny did the same.
It was a short walk back to my house, but we were both quick on our feet, so we were there in just a minute.

We stopped before the door, and I turned to him. "You sure you don't wanna stay?"

"Nah," he started, "I'll be alright."

"Okay, but if you get cold, you come right over, alright?"

Johnny nodded. "G'night, Pony." He said. He leaned up and kissed my cheek. Before I could say a thing, he was off, running back down the street.

I smiled to myself. The sudden urge to look at our constellation again planted itself into my mind. I pulled the book out of my bag and quickly flipped to the back cover.

Right there, above what I'd drawn, in Johnny's handwriting, it said,

"December 29th

The night I fell in love with you."