6

sorry for not updating for like 10 days! The break was nice but I'm back! I wrote this in like 30 minutes so it's relatively medium length

we watched The Outsiders movie at school before break and I loved it to death! Johnny's actually so cute like what

I only read over this once so there's probably like a billion mistakes but ignore them lmao

enjoy!!

Pony's POV

"Cmon, Pony!" Dally exclaimed, dragging me into the hospital. He didn't even spare the cop that escorted us a glance.

I stumbled after him. It would be easier if I knew which Dally to follow. I got beat up pretty bad at that rumble.. but I don't think it's too bad. At least we beat those Soc's sorry a-

"Ponyboy!" Dally snapped in front of my face. "Earth to Pony!"

"What??" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Hurry up, man, before it's too late. He wants to see you." He grabbed me by the forearm again and basically sprinted down the hallway. A doctor stopped us, before we could get into Johnny's room.

"Sorry boys, he's dying." Dally shook his head crazily, and flicked out Two's switch.

"We're- we're gonna see him.. we gotta-" I blocked out everything else he said. My ears began to ring, and I winced.

The doctor sighed. "Alright. But only because you're his friends." He opened the door and let us in. We sped in, as fast as i could without slamming into anything.

"Hey Johnny." Dally said, and I froze in my tracks.

What did that doctor say? He's dying? He seemed okay earlier.. Not Johnny, please.. anyone else..

"Hey guys.." Johnny managed quietly. His voice was small and raspy and tired.

"We beat those Socs." Dally said, grinning slightly.

Johnny tried to nod. He didn't try to smile.

"Hi Johnnycakes.." I whispered. I need to talk to him now, I need to ignore the pain. Johnny matters more.

A weak smile tugged at Johnny's lips. It faded, as quick as it had come. His breaths started to get more spaced out.

"Ponyboy.." he whispered. I almost didn't hear it.

"Pony..boy.." he mouthed, and I leaned in to hear him. I had to have been close enough to hear him breathe if I wanted.

"Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.." Johnny whispered, pecking my lips. The pillow sunk, and he died.

Whatever expression Dally had on faded. He punched the wall, what must've been hard enough to break his hand.

The ringing in my ears came back, along with all the pain. I held my head, and I had to turn away from Johnny. He didn't just die. He's at home. He's sleeping on our couch.

I started to feel like I was floating. Or slipping from my own consciousness..

Suddenly, I jerked awake. I was panting, and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Johnny?" I asked, my voice still raspy as I looked around the dark room. Where am I?
Someone next to me hummed, and sat up. It took my eyes a second to adjust to the light. Me and Soda's room.
I turned to look at the person sitting next to me.

Tossled black hair and dark eyes came into focus. "Johnny!" I yelped, and tacked him into a hug. "You're alive!" I exclaimed, as he chuckled.

"'Course I am, Pone." Johnny replied, ruffling my hair. "Why wouldn't I be?" His voice was raspy and tired, just like it was in my dream..

"I had a dream.. a weird one.."

Johnny nodded. "Wanna tell me about it?"

"Mhm.." I murmured. "I came home and something happened.. I can't really remember what, but we ran, you killed someone and we had to hide in another town. There was a fire and we went in, to save some kids from it. The ceiling collapsed and you didn't make it out too well.. Socs and greasers had a rumble, we won and Dally took me to see you in the hospital. You said something, kis.." I decided to leave that part out.
"Then you just.. died.." I winced, it was painful to think that really happened to Johnny.. good thing it didn't. I think.

Johnny nodded, slowly, taking it all in.
"Don't worry.. I'm not stupid enough to kill someone.." he muttered, and I laughed. He ran his hands through my now-soft hair, since I didn't grease it yet. He hummed a soft tune.

I sighed, happily. I was still shaken up from the dream. It had all felt so real.. but I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. Why'd he done that? I mean.. I wasn't.. not-okay with it..

Without thinking, I shifted my head on his chest and leaned up to peck his soft lips.

He didn't jerk away, or flip, or yell. Johnny just continued twirling a lock of my hair, and kissed the top of my head. I smiled softly, snuggling up closer to him.

I guess some nightmares end up as dreams..