3

sorry for not updating in a hot minute!
I've had like 2.5 hours of homework a day for the last little while. I'm working on some more stuff though, so don't worry!

alsoooo at school, we've been working on a mock trial for Johnny, and trying him for second degree murder. I was on the defendants side and we proved him innocent, woo!

okay, this isn't what you're here for, so back to the story. Enjoy!

*TRIGGER WARNING*
~ATTEMPTED SUICIDE~

Johnny's POV

"..You're sure you wanna join me..?" I asked Pony, who nodded. I let out a shaky breath, staring at the space below me.
"Pony.. I don't think that's a very good-"

"Johnnycakes, if you're going to die, I have nothing to live for." He replied, mumbling the last part. It's like I could hear his words echo in my head. Nothing to live for?

Pony found me here, on this cliff. I was going to jump, and he told me that if I was going to, he would, too. He has brothers, and he has a future. And I don't need to be in it.

He looked into my eyes, and I nodded slowly, as if to say I was ready. We turned around, and he gripped my hand. I bit my lip, pausing for a moment.

"3, 2, 1-" Ponyboy started to tip back on his heels.

"WAIT!" I yelled, barely just catching his back. He looked at me, with a confused expression. "..What is it..?"

"We never got to say our last words.." i stuttered. Really, I didn't want him to die. At all. I just need to delay the whole thing.

"Oh.. you're right." Pony said, squeezing my hand. I carefully reached out and grabbed his other hand, moving us farther away from the edge.

"I just wanted to say that you might hate me for this, a-and you might never wanna talk to me again.. but..." I took a shaky breath. I don't know if I can do this.. but what do I have left to lose..?

"I love you, Ponyboy Curtis. More than anything in the world.." I finished, dropping my eyes to the ground.

He was quiet for a second. This is it. This is where I just ruined what's left of my life. This is where the last person in my life rejects me.

I started to pull my hands away, but he still gripped them, desperately.

"..Really?" Pony mumbled, finally meeting my eyes.

I nodded slowly. "Mhm... it's okay.. if you don't-" Before I could finish my sentence, he pulled me in, and pressed his lips to mine.

And for a second there, I thought maybe this was okay. Maybe we're okay. Maybe I can stay here a little longer. Just to see where this goes...

After a moment, we pulled away, and Pony hugged me. He hugged me tighter than anyone's ever hugged me before. And I hugged him back, like I never wanted to let go.

Ponyboy sighed, whispering into my ear, "I love you, too."

a/n: aaaa my boyssss
again sorry for not updating! This chapter has been in the works for like 3 days, even though it's short.

I'm try to start updating more, so get ready, when I actually do XD

Hope you enjoyed!!

Remember, stay gold!!