eight.

mackenzie and johnny decided to meet at mackenzie's to talk about what had between them.

mackenzie was in her kitchen when she heard a knock on her front door. johnny was in front of mackenzie's house thinking of ways to explain to her why he left so suddenly.

when mackenzie opened her door she saw johnny standing there with his hands behind his neck, head leaned back, and eyes closed. he jumped out of his current state and looked into mackenzie's eyes. they shared a quick moment when johnny finally spoke..

"can i come in?"
"oh yea of course." mackenzie stepped aside and let johnny in.
"so let's talk." johnny said sitting on the couch.
mackenzie sat next to him about 1 foot away. "ok.." she looked around the room, "so?" mackenzie was feeling the awkwardness.
"so about the other day, im sorry i shouldn't have kissed you like that." johnny let out.
"it's honestly my fault. i shouldn't have kissed you back.." mackenzie paused.
"do you regret it?" she continued finally looking up from the couch.
"not at all." johnny smiled in a sweet way that let mackenzie feel warm inside.
"do you?" johnny asked, now curious.
"no." mackenzie said looking into his eyes.
"so what's the problem?" she continued getting frustrated.

johnny got up from the couch and was now standing in front of mackenzie.
"the problem is—" johnny stopped himself.
"do you wanna be with me?" mackenzie interrupted.
johnny sat back down next to mackenzie, now holding her hands in his.
"that's all i've wanted since i met you."
"well i want to be with you too." mackenzie whispered.

they were leaning in so that their faces were inches away. they were about to kiss when johnny pulled away.
"but not like this." he said.
mackenzie sat there in shock. she couldn't believe he did it a second time.
"i don't get you." mackenzie finally spoke.
"what?" johnny was confused.
"YOU SAY YOU WANNA BE WITH ME YOU TELL ME YOURE IN LOVE WITH ME BUT WHEN WE ARE REMOTELY CLOSE TO BEING ANYTHING YOU PULL BACK!" mackenzie was now yelling.
"it's not you. it's hayden. right now you guys are dating. and i don't want to come in between that. i could never do that to him.. he's my bestfriend." johnny explained.
"so i'll end it. give me a few days." mackenzie proposed.
"as long as he's not gonna be hurt. fine."

mackenzie was now smiling. she finally knew where she stood with johnny.
johnny admired her smile, "god, i love you." he let out, kissing her forehead.
they got up from the couch and walked to mackenzie's front door. they were about to hug when they decided it was best for them to probably keep their distance until mackenzie breaks up with hayden, out of respect. instead they shook hands and johnny left.

meanwhile..

lolo: so..
are we gonna talk about what happened yesterday?

hayhoe: it's fine, really.
we were just caught up in the moment.
im with kenzie, i'd never hurt her.

lolo: yea ahaha
we were just in the moment..
read 5:26pm

lauren put her phone on the edge of her bed and laid back. a tear ran down her right cheek. she was now crying, but not just over a boy. she was crying because it was supposed to be the happiest time of her life, she was apart of a thriving youtube channel that was just nominated for a teen choice award, she had great friends, she was healthy, her junior year was about to start..

but all she could think about is how the guy she wants, doesn't want her back. she was thinking about how things could be better if she could talk to someone about it but she couldn't because it was mackenzie's boyfriend. she couldn't because annie already made it clear who's "side" she was on. she couldn't because her brother would think she was crazy. she couldn't because carson is annie's boyfriend and would obviously agree with her. and she couldn't because hayden is her problem.

————
(a.n. sorry i haven't updated in a while but it's bc finals is rlly kicking my ass. after tmmr i promise to try to be more active im also trying to work on two other books that i want to have a few chapters done before i attempt at publishing any of it❤️)