23

We soon landed- us all extremely thankful.

Vanessa was in such a deep sleep, the landing didn't even wake her up.

As everyone started exiting I carefully woke her up, reminding her that we were on a plane and such just in case she was having a nightmare.

I let her out first, watching her tired body stumble through the isle.

The pilot laughed as he watched her walk off the plane
"Time zones"

"Hell" I laughed back, thanking him before walking with her.

We met up with Michael and Calum, both who looked visibly tired also.

"Time to find our family"

Vanessa.

I followed Luke blindly, trusting him to not run me into anything.

I was too tired for all this shit.

We stood outside of the airport with our bags, the heat radiating- which was actually disappointing.

"You can't even spend Christmas in a Cole place" I spoke out, seeing Luke look to me- a small smile on his face.

"This is cold for Australia"

A car soon arrived- two men jumping out, sprinting straight into Luke's hold, making me slowly step behind Calum, feeling his hand touch my back as a move of comfort.

The two boys moved and did bro hugs with Ash, Cal and Michael before one zoned straight into me.

"You must be Vanessa, I'm very happy to meet you, I'm Jack- Luke's big brother and this is Ben"

We exchanged the awkward first time meeting "hellos" before everyone got into a car.

Luke's arm was around me as Jack and Ben spoke at a fast pace- and I couldn't understand a single word they said.

The accents were much too thick for my liking.

I leaned my head onto Luke, still listening and seeing what sentences I could make out of the few words that were easy for me to understand.

And soon, all I heard was a bunch of jibber and then "Vanessa", and I was fucked because I had no idea what he said.

I looked to Luke- who immediately started laughing.

"Jack, Vanessa has been raised in California and has absolutely no accent, you have to talk slow so she can understand you" Luke explained for me, making me smile as Ben looked to me.

"Oh she's just going to love being around all of our families"

We were soon at a house, the five of us having to drag ourselves out and into the house, where there was so many people.

I just wanted a fucking nap.

"I thought everyone would wait until tomorrow to come visit" Luke whispered to me as we followed the guys to where all the talking was.

"I'll get us out of it soon"

Soon all eyes were on us and everyone was emitting happy energy.

I stood awkwardly a good distance from Jack, who watched everyone hug with me.

"How's California?" He asked, making me look to him.

"Polluted and warm" I laughed, seeing him smile.

"Just like Australia"

Soon a lady looking much like Luke and his siblings appeared and I immediately knew- this was Luke's mom.

"Vanessa this is my mom, mom this is-" "I've been wanting to meet you since Luke first told me about you!" She hugged me into her tightly.
I hugged back, feeling strange- missing the feeling of a female hug.

"And you are just so beautiful" she held my cheeks, smiling before exhaling

"How could anyone ever hurt someone as cute as you?"