10

"Okay sunshine" michael spoke, stepping up as head surgeon.

"Luke, Calum and I will be in there the whole time, you're going to be fully aware, just no nerves or fear, sounds good?" He spoke

She gave us a nod.

"Your mom and Ashton will be out here for about thirty minutes without you and then it'll be over" michael spoke mainly towards Kathy.

"So what's going to happen now, is my head nurse is going to come and help you change and before we leave to go get changed- one of us will give you your first relaxer and then you'll just follow the nurses, it'll be great" he smiled, sending me a wink before everyone left me, a smiling nurse soon entering.

"Hi, I'm Meghan" she spoke, gleaming almost.

"Vanessa" I smiled back, seeing her eyes scan over my chart.

"Okay, so what we do right now is you just change, you can keep your bottoms on, does your bra have metal in it?" She questioned

"No it's a bralette" I spoke

"Okay so the bra can stay on, just the shirt comes off and this goes on, I'll tie it for you" She spoke- and we both agreed on her just turning around as I changed shirts.

As soon as I got it on, I spoke a quick "okay", which made her turn around, quickly tying it for me.

"Okay, just sit and relax, Dr.Clifford will be back in a second"

I sat in the bed criss cross, never letting myself fully relax.

I played with my fingers out of nervousness- letting every thought slip into my head

I pushed the memories of my dad away and the guys entered with smiled, Michael coming in last, his nurse right behind him.

"Is it okay if I put your iv in now?" He asked.

I gave a nod, making him smile lightly.

"Okay, lets see your left arm for this poke" I brought my left arm more towards him as he sat in my bed.

"I'm going to grab your arm, okay?" He questioned.

"Soft touches" I reminded him

"Soft touches only" he nodded, gently grabbing my arm.

He wiped my arm, and Luke suddenly called my name

"Don't look at the stick, that makes it worse" he spoke slowly, his two fingers touching my jaw lightly to keep me looking at him as I felt the pierce.

He soon brought it out saying a quick "great job" before Luke took the cotton ball from him, barely holding it over the spot.

"Okay, this one just stays in, okay?"

I gave a nod, looking to Luke again, who sent me a wink as I felt the wipe.

I closed my eyes as I felt the familiar sting, just a little more intensified.

"Good job Vanessa" Michael breathed out as I felt him tape it down.

"Okay, you're all set, we will see you in the OR next" michael breathed out, making me open my eyes.

"See you then, cutie" Luke smiled, pushing some hair behind my ear and before I knew it, they were all gone.

My mom and Ashton stayed close by, Ashton sitting in my bed with me, making sure I didn't have questions and such.

"Dr.Irwin, we have a new nurse in the prep room, could you come and assist in showing how to prep patients?"

Ashton made sure my mom was okay with staying alone before my mom gave me several forehead kisses and hugs, eventually letting me go, Ashton's hand staying in the small of my back the entire time.

As we went into an even colder room- I felt so calm.
I trusted Ashton, blindly following him everywhere without question.

Soon Ashton was speaking to two nurses, one male and one female along with the nurse from earlier.

I zoned out as he spoke, him touching me lightly is what made me finally pay attention

"You okay?" He questioned lightly

"Yeah, Yeah" I spoke quickly, hearing him laugh.
"Someone's relaxer is kicking in"

"Meghan is going to help put your hair up, okay?" I immediately gave a nod, Meghan assisting in tying my hair into a loose pony tail.

Then, basically a shower cap was thrown over my head, everyone else doing the same before we all basically washed our hands using a scrub before standing in an even colder room for a few seconds before entering the ER.

"The patient goes straight to the bed- normally they would be knocked our or loopy, but she's going to be awake for her spinal tap" Ashton spoke to the three of them.

"You make sure she has an iv in, if not you'll put one in, Vanessa already has one, so she's going to go ahead and sit on the bed" Ashton smiled, hitting the bed lightly.

I did as said, sitting hesitantly, my feet leaving the ground on the tall bed.

"Normally you would direct patients to lay down but Michael and Calum will want her sitting like this until after they numb her, so she stays up"

"Now, Meghan will attach her heart monitors along with a blood pressure cup."
They all moved closer, Meghan standing in front of my knees as as carefully moved around the gown, attaching the sticky things and wires.

She slid a blood pressure cup around my arm, giving Ashton a nod.

I noticed the male nurse stepping closer- which almost immediately made me snap out of my good feelings, bringing me to be more aware.

I focused to him as Ashton spoke.

I watched as his hand rested on the bed, him listening to every word Ashton said.

"Her heart rate increased" he spoke, making me look away as Ashton's eyes went to me.

"She's just nervous" Ashton dismissed, his hand cupping my own, which actually made me bring my other hand to hold his one.

I trusted Ashton more than him, that was a new fact.

"Turn her monitor down so if doesn't stress her more-"

His hand quickly flew above my head, making me jerk away and into Meghan's arms as quickly as I could

"Vanessa, you're okay baby, you're okay"