20

We spent the day at home, basically doing whatever Vanessa felt like doing, which wasn't much.

Her and I were currently in bed together, dried tears on both of our faces as we watched a movie.

"You won't leave me- right?" Her voice cracked as she spoke.

"I will never- ever, ever leave you."

I'd fight till death for her.

The next day- I had to go discuss with my lawyer about how the fuck we had to handle this custody issue.

I brought the note she left along with Vanessa's birth certificate, social security card and hospital records from when she was younger.

After three hours of talking to different people- I soon stood in front of a judge who was more than sympathetic towards the situation.

"Are you sure you can handle this teenage girl- especially considering her past conditions and both of your current heartbreaks?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"I'm absolutely positive."

"Well" she breathed out

"By the power invested in me by the state of California, I Judge Lopez give you, Luke Hemmings full custody of Vanessa Gomez" she spoke, signing the papers.

We were good- everything was going to be okay

I went home, hearing familiar laughter- which almost made my heart fall out of my chest.

I followed the laughter into the kitchen where it was a huge mess.

There was green, blue and pink goop everything- coating all three of the boys along with Vanessa.

"I can explain" Calum spoke slowly as I stared at the mess that I knew would take months to clean.

"Ya see- Vanessa was watching a smile video, and we all agreed that we had never made slime before" he spoke slowly.

"So- we decided to make smile" Ashton chimed in.

"Until Michael sabotaged mine-" "it was not sabotage!" Michael yelled, cutting Vanessa off.

"To say the least- we had a small slime war" Vanessa finished for them- trying her best to pull the sticky substance out of her hair.

I threw my papers and jacket onto the kitchen table- not even able to hold back my smile as I stared at the four of them.

"So what I'm hearing is"

"I wasn't even invited to the slime war?"

And next thing I knew- Calum threw a handful of slime straight into the middle of my face