Chapter Five; Determined.

Chapter Five

 Determined.

I woke up surronded by the pristine color of white every where I looked. The twin sized bed beneath me was soft and the sheets smelled fresh and crisp as if they'd just been washed.

I tried to get up but the leather straps cut into the flesh on my arms, flinging me back against the small, fluffy pillow. “Where am I?” I whispered, my voice thick with sleep as I tried to think past the pounding headache that was forming between my eyes.

“Good morning Skye.” A silky smooth voice mused causing me to whip my head to the right. Standing at the corner of the room, sitting in a small wooden chair was the man who I deemed the handsome psycho. His short black hair was gelled back and the studs on his leather jacked gleamed from the light escaping the skylight above.

 “Who are you?” I asked, my teeth gritted as everything that happened the day before flooded into my mind like a dam had just collapsed, sending me struggling against the tight leather straps at my arms and legs.

 “Settle down Skye, you won't be able to shake free of those, and my name's Jace sweetie.” He said as he got up and walked over to me, his voice sickingly sweet as he brushed a strand of black hair out of my eyes, his touch lingering on my face like a bad tattoo.

 I glared at him,my eyes squinted, trying to give him my fiercest look. My hands trembled slightly as he kneeled down so he was face to face with me; his hot, coffee breath burning my cheek as he studied me with his cold,dark eyes. “Let me go.” I said, my voice suprisingly even as I turned my head away from his. I could feel the air around the room begin to vibrate as Jace walked around the small bed to face me.

 “It's a shame I have to dispose of you now.” Jace muttered, shaking his head slightly as he feigned sadness. I tried to keep my eyes glued to him as he neared but every second it was getting harder and harder.

 “W-what do you mean?” I stuttered, cursing myself for doing so. He smiled that blindingly white smile of his before kneeling down before me once again on the cold, tiled floor before him and peering up at the skylight window.

 “You helped them escape, and you're more involved in ways that you couldn't even begin to imagine.” Jace said simply before pushing himself back up and walking towards the steel door at the other side of the room. He leaned against it before looking back at me, a knowing smile on his face before he winked and sauntered out leaving me trapped and alone in the way to normal, pristine room a stark contrast to the dungeon he kept all of us in before.

 I wonder where the kids are...what they're doing...

 My stomach clenched as I thought about them. They were free, they escaped...I'd saved them. Now all I had to do was save myself and my job would be done here but somewhere deep inside, some annoying voice in my head was telling me that it wouldn't be over.

I bit my lip hard as thoughts swirled through my head like a washing machine. I took a deep breath before pulling as hard as I could at the tight leather straps that were keeping me prisoner in this stupid room. All I had to do was get free of these straps then find someway to get through the skylight and I would be home free...well almost. I flailed around the bed for what seemed like thirty minutes, staring up at the skylight for inspiration, freedom was so close.

 “Come on!” I gasped as I collapsed against the bed motionless, extremely fatigued as tears burned at my eyes, blurring my vision. I couldn't save myself, I would be stuck here forever as a prisoner and all because of what? A pair of concert tickets to a concert I didn't even want to go to and a stupid new phone. I knew it was much more than that but I couldn't help but think it as the hot, salty tears poured down my cheeks, making a puddle on the pristine white pillow beneath my head.