Chapter Eleven ; Split.

Chapter Eleven

Split.

(Sage,Faye,Remy and Joel.)

“ Sage, we need to go save Skye again!” Faye whisper-yelled as the four of them sat under the large Oak tree in the beautiful hidden field where it had all began. Sage lit a blade of shiny, green grass ablaze between his finger tips before blowing It out and looking up to meet the small girls bright blue eyes, which seemed to be the same exact shade of the sky above their heads. The smell of smoke made it's way up his nostrils as he let out a loud sigh, running a hand through his messy brown hair, a small glimpse of frustration making it's way onto his usually aloof features.

“Haven't you listened to what they've been telling us? Skye is useless, just as I predicted and it was a waste of time to even have saved her in the first place.” Sage muttered under his breath before dropping his gaze away from the sweet little girl, not wanting to see the look of disbelief that was surely transforming her delicate features at that very moment.

“Skye, helped me! She helped you, she helped all of us! T-they took her some place bad and all that stupid head has been telling us is lies! Skye would never try to kill us! She loves us!” Faye sputtered, her voice growing more and more shrill and her cheeks rosy with every fiery word that left her small mouth. She turned her head frantically to Remy and Joel whose faces were as blank as the clear blue sky, unable to decide who to believe and unwilling to side with either Sage or Faye.

“You saw the video Faye! I know you're only a kid but you're old enough to realize that videos dont lie. We all saw Skye talking to her mother about how she would destroy us, about how we can't be allowed to reach our full potentials. I bet this was her plan all along, to get you guys to trust her so her and her mother could take over the world or some crap like that.” Sage said flippantly although his palms beginning to glow red revealed how he truly felt inside.

“You trusted her too you know.” Joel finally whispered after being quiet for the entire conversation. Remy joined in, nodding her head slightly, sending her dark, pin straight hair bouncing around her shoulders. She knew that Sage was just acting like his distant,hard-hearted self, that deep down he had probably grown the closest to Skye through the few days they had been together but she also knew that he would never admit this, not even to himself.

“You're all idiots if you think I actually did. I don't trust anyone, I never have, I never will.” Sage responded, his face void of any emotion as he looked at each of his siblings. He noticed the hurt look on Joel's face, the trembling of Remy's hands as one of the small, leftover bolts that lay buried in the grass lifted in the air, the tears falling from Faye's once joyful blue eyes but he didn't care. He couldn't let himself care.

“Y-you, trust us right though?” Joel whimpered, fully aware of the answer but asking the question that was burning in all three of the kids minds anyways. Sage slowly stood up, wiping the dirt specks from the back of his dark wash jeans. “No.” He answered simply, before walking off towards the sideway tin can where Landon would surely be awaiting him with more and more proof of Skye's traitorous behaviour and the action they would have to take against her.

The three remaining kids looked at eachother, confused of what to do now that their big brother, the one who always had managed to take control of the situation decided to walk away from them.

“We have to save Skye.” Faye finally announced, breaking the uncomfortable silence. A solemn look made its way onto her face changing her usual innocent features which made her seem years older than she actually was. She was determined, and positive that the only thing that could bring all of the kids back together would be Skye. She was the key; or so she heard numerous times from Landon.