Chapter Four: Powers.

Chapter Four

Powers.

The handsome psycho as I liked to now call him, walked into the room leaving the kids completely terrified, huddled up in their safe corner. I glared at him standing my ground, trying not to flinch or waver under his unrelenting gaze. His lips turned up at the sides lightly, softening his beautiful features and If I didn't know better I would have thought he was a good guy. But I did know better, so I didn't.

“You're beautiful you know that?” He asked, his voice smooth like velvet as he ran a finger down the side of my face. I tried to suppress it but couldn't as a shudder went through my entire body. The trail his finger made across my cheek still tingled, burning icy hot as he placed his face so close to mine that I could feel his hot breath on my own. It smelled like coffee.

“Too bad you're fratenizing with the enemy.” He whispered sending strands of black hair floating around my ear. I kneaded my eyebrows in confusion as I pulled away from him, staring into his cold, dark eyes.

“Their just kids!” I finally gasped as he glanced over at them, then back at me. One of his dark eyebrows cocked as his eyes bursted with amusement and a cheshire cat like smile made it's way onto his handsome face, twisting his features.

“So you don't know. Sweetie their much more then just kids.” A laugh laced with malice and pure evil escaped his lips as he walked towards the door, opening it and stopping in the frame. I glanced back at Sage watching him as he looked quickly from me to the bars laying on the floor, his face paler then ever and I knew I had to play along.

“Look at them their just kids, please let us go or atleast give us some water!” I begged, scrunching my face up, trying to look as distressed as possible; even managing to squeeze a few tears out of my eyes for effect. The handsome psycho just smiled, his bright white teeth a huge contrast against the dark room before winking at me and breezing out, securing us in our prison once again.

What the heck was that wink about?

I shook my head, convincing myself that It hadn't actually happened before turning towards the kids who were still huddled up in the corner, visably trembling. Even Sage, who was trying to look unfazed was unusually pale. I could see how I could be afraid of him but the boy who could produce fire from his hands? “Why does he scare you guys so much?” I finally asked as they all seemed to be untensing.

“He looks normal, nice even but you don't know him. You don't know what he can do.” Joel whispered, almost inaudibly as he shuddered violently, his light blonde curls dancing around his head; pure fear in his shocking blue eyes.

“Why? Is he...you know?” I whispered, feeling my eyes growing huge at the thought. I mean if all of these people had abilities then where did I fit into this whole thing?

“No.” I let out a sigh of relief before Sage continued, his voice grim. “He's a hundred times worse.” I stared at him for what seemed like five minutes, letting the words sink in. If he was worse then a boy who could set things on fire using his hands, then I didn't want to be anywhere near him, let alone be kept prisoner by him.

“W-we need to get out of here.” I stammered as I pushed myself off of the crumbling cement and paced, something I'd been doing for the last few days. My stomach grumbled and I had the undeniable need to go to the bathroom but suprisingly the kids hadn't complained about hunger or the bathroom once, but I wasn't too surprised remembering the state of their house.

“You guys are sure you can't use your powers?” I asked stopping short and turning towards where Remy and Joel were sitting, arm wrestling with eachother to pass the time. They stopped their game before looking at me, shifting uncomfortably.