Chapter 9 - A New Start

Tiger scrunched his nose and slowly moved around the bed. He groaned, as he turned to the right. He let out another groan, as he turned to the left. His painful groans soon filled the rather large room. He stretched his arms out, but groaned as they hit the headboard. His eyes, slowly shot open. His oceans stared at the ceiling for a while, until he finally turned to his side.

        A digital alarm clock stood in front of him. The dim bright blue light burning into his oceans. The clock read, six o'clock AM. He turned his head back to the other side, and glanced around his surroundings. Painted blue walls, untouched white carpet, posters of nature, and pictures of random people. He narrowed his eyes towards the picture, and cocked his head. They were pictures of the family. His mom, his sister, and himself, but no dad.

        "What," he whispered to himself. He looked down at himself. He was snuggled in a soft white blanket. He grabbed the blanket, and pulled it off of himself. A cold breeze quickly blew through his warm bare feet. He shivered at the touch of his cold bare feet. He slowly began to climb off of the warm bed, and onto the slightly colder carpet.

        He curled his toes together, trying to warm up his feet. He soon yawned, and stretched out his arms. He made his way towards the brown door that caught his glimpse as he got off of the bed. Slowly, he turned the handle, and gently pulled the door open. It made a slight creaking sound, but was too quiet to hear.

        He glanced around the narrow hallway. Doors, and pictures of the family were everywhere. He slowly walked out of the slightly empty be room, and walked towards the door right in front of him. He slowly put his hand on the handle, and gently pushed the door open.

        "Bathroom," he whispered to himself. He slowly shut the bathroom door. The stainless bathtub, the shiny sinks, the clear mirror, and the white concrete floor all left his sight as he turned for another door. He looked up at the family photo the hung too the right of the bathroom. This time, his father was in the picture. Everyone in the photo looked happy, except for the little boy in the corner. He looked like he'd been crying, and the smile looked too fake.

        Tiger cocked his head to the side, and continued to walk down the dim hallway. He walked towards the door to the right of the large photo his eyes had just. As he reached for the handle, but stopped. Music was echoing throughout the room, and he could hear it from right behind the door. He moved back, away from the door, and turned his head towards the bright light coming from the end of the hall. He quickly ran down narrow hall, towards the stairs then down them.

        A sweet smell filled his nostrils as he did. The sweet smell of pancakes, and sausages, and bacon. As he reached the end of the stairs, he turned to the front door. The light of the sun was already seeping through the class and shining onto the wooden runway.

        He turned to his right, where the smell was strongest, and ran towards it. After a while, he glanced around. All he saw was an empty kitchen. He frowned, and began to look around. He opened all of the compartments of  the large stainless steel fridge in search of food.

        He walked around the island, in search of the sweet smelling breakfast. After a while, there was no luck. He frowned, and kicked the cupboard of the island. Only a second later, he heard a slight giggle coming from the dining room.

        "Looks like someone's finally up." The voice came from the dining room. Tiger quickly made his way towards the dining room. He looked taken back for a second, but returned to reality half a second later. Adrienne sat at the edge of the table. A cup of coffee was in her hands as she read the latest issue of Time magazine.