Chapter Twelve: Bruises and Lies

After a while, the guys leave, including Hayes, leaving just me and Mahogany to hang out.  There going to a bar or something.  I honestly wanted to all hang out here and chat with the guys, but half of them are in a drunken state.  

"You know, you and Matt were really touchy when he first got here." Mahogany says, as we take a seat on the couch. 

"What do you mean?" I ask

"I mean you guys were hugging alot, and you talked to him half the time.  When I was talking to Hayes with a couple of the other guys he kept looking over at you and Matt, I have a feeling he's jealous." she says, as I sigh.  

"I just hope he doesnt make any stupid desicions tonight, I dont want him getting drunk, even though there walking to the bar.  People make stupid mistakes when there drunk." I sigh.  

"Thats true, one time my dad almost got hit by a drunk driver." Mahogany says.  

"I dont know my dad well, but my mom would always tell me how he was always drunk.  I havent seen him in, 5 years now?  He's in prison in another state." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she says, as I chuckle.

"Dont be sorry, I mean, I know hes my father, but I hate his guts.  He kidnapped me when I was 14, and hes the reason for the scar on my arm." I say.

-

It's 12 midnight, Mahogany left around 9ish.  I'm a bit worried about Hayes, I've called him twice and texted him a couple times as well, but he is not answering.   

I decide to quit worrying about Hayes and just go to bed.  I change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.  I then plug in my phone on the charger, and hop into bed, slowly drifting off to sleep. 

.........

I wake up to the sound of the door slamming closed.  I get up and out of bed, and slowly make my way to the living room, to see a drunk Hayes.  

"Hayes?" I say, turning on the light.  

"Hey baby." Hayes says, making his way over to me.

"Hayes, your drunk,  go to sleep." I say, dragging him to bed.  He lays down, and I head into the kitchen and get him a pain killer and some water, and then head back into the bedroom and put it on his bedside table.  

"Whats this?" Hayes asks, reaching for it, but I slap his hand away. 

"Its a pain killer for when you wake up, not right now." I say.

"Hey, dont slap me!" Hayes says, as I roll my eyes. 

"Hayes, just shut up and go to bed." I say, as he sits up.

"You cant tell me what to do." he says.  

"No I cant, but you should seriously shut up and get to bed, your gonna have a massive headache in the morning.  You made the idiotic mistake of getting drunk." I mutter.  

"Did you just call me idiotic?" Hayes slurs, raising his voice.  

"Yeah, I did, now go to bed." I say, but before I can say anything else, I feel a sharp pain on my cheek.  

Hayes just hit me.  

Before thinking, I run out of the room with tears in my eyes.  I throw on a pair of shoes, grab my phone and car keys, and head out of the house, tears rolling down my cheeks.  I can only imagine how red my cheek will be.  

When I get outside, I hop into my car, put my keys in, and bolt down the street.  I dont want to go home because then my mom will ask what happened, and then Elizabeth will find out.  So, I figured I might as well go over to Jenny's house.