Chapter Seven: Good Ol' Trampoline

I excuse myself from mom and Elizabeth, and walk outside, to see Hayes standing there. I run up to him and hug him.

"I'm sorry." I whisper into his chest.

"Its ok, its all in the past." Hayes says, and I feel relieved. Hayes grabs my hand, and we walk to the backyard. He goes in the trampoline.

"What are you doing Grier?" I laugh.

"Come on G." Hayes laughs, as he takes my hand and pulls me on. I sit, and lean against the netting part.

"Do you remember what happened on this trampoline?" Hayes asks, sitting next to me.

"Yes, in fact, I do." I giggle.

"We had our first kiss here. I remember we were coming home from the fair thing because we got stuck on the ferris wheel. We got locked out and both of our phones were dead, so we had to sleep on this trampoline." Hayes chuckles, shaking his head.  

"Good times." I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder. Before we could say anything else, Hayes connects his lips with mine, and I can feel those same sparks go off, the same ones as 4 years ago. But now, this kiss was more passionate, and it meant more.

-

"Remember when we went to a meet and greet at Dunkin Donuts?" Hayes asks.

"Oh yeah, we fell in the bushes." I laugh.

"And it went viral within seconds." he laughs.

"And then when we got stuck on the stupid ferris wheel." I say, trying to erase that memory from my head.

"Oh yeah, I remember that, you were terrified." Hayes chuckles, as I playfully hit his sholder.

"Well, I kinda was, but still, dont judge me." I laugh, as he does too.  We soon stand up and head inside, to see Skylynn with a friend  over.  I've never seen this girl.  They wave to us, and we wave back.  We then head into the kitchen, where we see my mom and Elizabeth.

"Hey guys." Elizabeth smiles.

"Hi Elizabeth." I smile, as Hayes hugs her.  He hasnt seen her for a while, samee as me, well, I saw her before I went outside.  Still.  I miss them alot.

"So, what are you guys doing today?"  Mom asks

"Uh, I dont know." I say.  Hayes whispers something to Elizabeth, then to Mom, and they both smile.  They seem pretty excited for whatever Hayes told them.

"Well then, have fun you two." Elizabeth smiles, as Hayes grabs my hand, and pulls me outside.

"Hayes, where are we going?" I laugh, as he opens the passenger side of his car.  I guess I'll just pick up my car from here later.

"You'll see." he smiles, closing the door and getting in the drivers side.  We start driving somewhere, and I honestly have no clue where were going.  Once we pull into a farmiliar parking lot, I realized where we were.

The park?    I look over to Hayes, and he smiles.  He gets out of the car, and opens my door for me.  I step out, and he takes my hand and leads us over to a tree part.  Once we go past a tree or two, I see a blanket and a picnic basket layed out on the ground, with a rose next to it.  I look up to Hayes, and hes already smiling at me.

"Hayes, did you do this?" I ask

"Well, yeah." he smiles, as I give him a peck on the cheek.  He leads us over to the blanket, and we sit up against a tree.  He takes out two sandwhiches from the basket, and hands one to me.

"Peanutbutter and jelly?  You know me to well." I laugh, taking a bite.

"I wonder who made these sandwhiches, I mean, there amazing." Hayes jokes, finishing up his, as I do mine.