Chapter 19 - Wavering Questions

Chapter 19

Evan

Wavering Questions

A/N - This is quite the filler chapter, just because it was needed in order to get to the drama that's going to start stirring in the next chapter (; Thanks so much for the ongoing support, as always (:

I stared off into the distance for what felt like hours. My feet were firmly plated where she had left me moments before, frozen to the concrete. I could have chased after her; I could have tried to explain further. But it all felt useless anymore. She wouldn’t believe a word I said to her either way, and I quite frankly couldn’t blame her.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, followed by my obnoxious pre-made ringtone. I rolled my eyes, knowing who it was without having to check the caller ID.

“What in the hell do you want?” I sighed heavily as I answered.

“Well that’s no way to talk to your girlfriend,” she scoffed.

I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated beyond belief. If I was going to do it, I needed to do it now. I couldn’t hold back anymore. I couldn’t drag this one-sided relationship any further than this point.

“I’m not your boyfriend,” I muttered slowly, gauging her reaction. The momentary pause over the phone felt so prolonged, I was wondering if she had hung up on me.

“Yes you are, silly,” she giggled, but it sounded forced and fake.

“Not anymore, Leslie,” I simply stated. I could do this. I had to.

“What the hell are you on about, Evan Warren?” she sneered.

“I’m done. I can’t do this anymore. I don’t want you to be my girlfriend.”

“But why!” she shouted. I held the phone away from my ear for a moment, wincing at the harsh tone.

“I just can’t do it anymore. The feelings aren’t there like they used to be,” I lied.

I never really felt anything for Leslie other than physical attraction. We didn’t connect on any other level other than sexual, and I wasn’t about that kind of life anymore. With Bailey around, I found that there was way more to a relationship than just physical attributes. Leslie wasn’t the one I wanted to share my time with anymore.

“You’re kidding me, right?” she gasped.

“No, I’m not. Leslie, we’re done.”

“That’s not fair! Don’t I get a say in this?” she shouted again. I could hear the hurt clear in her voice and it made my chest tighten up just a bit. I wasn’t used to being this cruel.

“I’m sorry, Les, you don’t,” I said, not really knowing what else to say after this.

“This is because of that stupid bitch Bailey, isn’t it?” she questioned. The hurt was fully erased from her voice and was now replaced with a kind of fury I wasn’t used to hearing from her.

“That’s not why I’m,” I started, but she cut me off.

“Don’t lie to me Evan! This is totally about her! You’ve been ogling her since day one!”

“That’s not true,” I scoffed.

“It’s so true! Stop being such an asshole and tell me the truth for once in your life,” she continued.

“Fine!” I shouted, giving in to the anger bubbling up in my insides. She wanted a fight; I’d give her a fight. “Yeah it’s about Bailey! I fucking love her alright? I’m done with you Leslie. You don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself!”