Chapter 16

Lena's POV

There sitting in place of the black dress was three boxes. A large box on bottom, a slightly smaller on top of that, and on the very top a tiny little one.

I realized there was a envelope on top and opened it pulling out a little white card. I opened it and read,

"Dear Lena,

I hope these gifts surprise you and make you smile. You've been through a lot this week an I hope this makes up for some of it. I'm glad you're in my life and I can not wait to see you.

Yours with love

~Max"

I opened the little box and gasped. Inside was a set of dangly gold earrings as well as a gold locket. I opened it curious to see if there was any pictures in it and there was. A picture of Cassia on the right and one of Max on the left.

I put them on and then continued to the next box. Inside was a pair of beautiful golden strappy heels. They were completely gorgeous. I put them to the side and opened the large box.

Inside was the dress I had wanted at the store. I smiled in awe. He bought it for me. And it was so expensive too. I pulled on my strapless bra and a pair of underwear quickly slipping the dress on over top. I smiled more rubbing the fabric between my fingers.

My eyes caught sight of the alarm clock. The guests started arriving 15 minutes ago!

I hastily put my shoes on and ran down the hall slowing when I got to the stairs. I stood at the top of them looking down into the main room. All the furniture was cleared away and people were dancing and talking. I could see In the dining room that they had taken the table somewhere and had tables lining the wall for food buffet style. There seemed to be more people outside so I assumed that's where people would be eating and dancing more later.

I came down the stairs slowly and felt every pair of eyes in the room land on me. I searched through them all trying to find Max's and they finally connected. He had stopped mid sentence and had his mouth hanging open. I blushed scarlet and came to his side.

He had been talking to a boy our age who had a deep tan with light brown hair and piercing green eyes.

"Leon this is Lena my girlfriend. Lena this is my bestfriend from Arizona Leon. We were very close as kids."

I smiled brightly. "Hello it's nice to meet you Leon."

"Believe me the pleasure is all mine." He lifted my hand to his mouth planting a soft kiss and I blushed again. Max pulled me into his side protectively shooting Leon a glare causing Leon to laugh.

"Don't worry I'm not here to steal your girl bro. I'm very jealous though." He winked and then walked away because they had started letting people get food.

Max pulled me into a hug and then kissed me long and passionately. It was soft and though passionate no lust was there. Just love.

"You look beautiful." he murmured. Our foreheads were pressed together and out breaths mixed together.

"Do you like your gifts?"

I smiled capturing his lips in another kiss.

"Yes I love them, thank you so much."

"Anything for you."

His mother then decided to come over and break up our little romantic moment. Bitch.

"Oh well don't you look great. I'm surprised you had the money to afford a dress like that."

I frowned internally but just rolled my eyes. I was happy and I wasn't letting her ruin that.

"Oh look who's here Max!" His mother said and I just about threw up. It was that girl from Forever 21.

"Maxi pooh I missed you so much!" Kira squealed in a nasally high pitched voice. She ran over hugging him and clinging to him as if I wasn't there. That pissed me right the fuck off.

She was in an overly short dress and her makeup was even worse. She had giant gold hoops in her ears and bright red lipstick. Dot get me wrong red lipstick is great but she looked like a clown.

Max's look of disgust I hope reflected my own because I was majorly disgusted. I tapped her shoulder and when she turned I smiled sweetly.

"Get your hands off or so help me."

Just then Ky comes running around the corner and screams at the top of his lungs pointing at Kira, "PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME."

Max and I fucking lost it and I almost fell on the floor. This would be an interesting night.