Chapter 7

Lena's POV:

I picked up Cassia carrying her bridal style up into the room Max told me was beside Ky's. It was twice the size of my room and I kinda just stared in aw.

Their was an oak four poster bed up against the wall with a window on both sides. There was a dresser up against the other wall and a door that must've led to a closet on the other.

I laid her down tucking her in. She looked at peace when she slept and I wish I could steal her away and we could live on our own.

I brushed a piece of hair from her face and kissed her forehead before I left to go to my own room. It was similar to Cassia's but had a bathroom of it as well. On the bed there was a Tshirt and pajama pants along with a note.

I picked the note up and opened it.

"Lena,

These are for you. I figure you should be able to fit you. I know they're batman but from what you've told me you won't mind ;) Haha anyway if you need me come find me. Sleep well,

Max"

He was right I wouldn't mind. I loved batman and just about every superhero.

I laid the note back down and made my way into the bathroom. It was a decent size with a decently big shower. I set my things down on the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was out of place and my mascara was slightly smudged.

Sighing I stripped down looking at the scars and fresher cuts along my wrists and on my hips. I promised myself I'd stop for Cassia but things always seemed to become to much.

The shower water was hot when I stepped in and I nearly jumped out. I turned the knob and set it colder. I got back in and it was perfect, only mildly scolding. I scrubbed my face and the rest of my body with soap and rinsed my hair free of the fruity shampoo. I stood there for god knows how long just listening to the water hitting the shower curtain.

I finally stepped out changing. The pants and shirt were a little to big but were comfortable enough. I crawled in bed and soon I was asleep.

*Dream*

"Lena!!! Lena!!! LENA!!!"

I was at the end of the hallway in my Aunts house and Cassia was at the other. Katrina was screaming at her and hitting her and never stopped even though she was being begged to.

"LENA! Lena help me!!"

I started running towards her but soon the scene before me was gone and my parents were in her place. I was little again and standing in the door way of their room. They were asleep.

"Mommy I'm hungry."

She didn't answer. I walked over to the bed and shook her. Still she said nothing.

"Dad wake up it's lunch time."

He didn't answer either. I went to go get the phone and stepped on and empty pill bottle. I ignored it and continued over to the phone dialing my grandmother.

"Grandma, Mommy and Dad are sleeping and they won't wake up. Are they okay? I know they said they were really tired earlier but they just won't wake up and I'm really hungry."

Flash again and I was at my aunts standing at her bedroom door when I was 13.

Katrina was talking to my aunt just loud enough I could here.

"It's that stupid brats fault their gone. She must've been to much to handle. Lost my sister because of that bitch. She should've died not Marie. It's all her fault."

"My fault my fault." I whimpered. Someone was shaking me.

"Lena. Lean please wake up. It's only a dream. Lean come on please."

I opened my eyes to see Max standing over me tears on his cheeks.

"Max." I croaked out. I was suddenly wrapped up in his arms my face pressed against his shirt. When he pulled away his shirt was all wet and I realized I had been crying in my sleep.

"Thank god Lena you weren't waking up and I didn't know what to do. are you okay?"

I nodded swallowing hard. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 3:20am.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I woke you."

"Lena are you sure-"

"I'm fine Max."

He was just about out the door when I called his name.

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me?"

He smiled a little and crawled in beside me hugging me close. He was only in boxers now but I didn't seem to notice or didn't have time. I was asleep in seconds.