Chapter 5

Max's POV:

Ever since I saw her in the hallway I knew she was for me. She was beautiful and seemed kind. When she snatched the books I was holding away I was taken back a bit but then when she came into class crying acting like it was nothing, and I felt a surge of anger, AND wanted to kill whoever made her cry, I knew she was the one.

What she said to Kat startled me a bit to. I could believe Kat would do something like that but I didn't think it would be something THAT low. I went outside with Ky for lunch because I thought it might've been hard for him making new friends. He really didn't wanna move away but he finally had to give in because there wasn't really any choice. Dad was being promoted and it was more important than what we wanted. As per usual.

Mom and Dad were both workaholics and never were home, never came to any of our things with school because something always came up. We were sitting out on the bleachers by the track, sandwhiches in hand.

"Hey little man what's up? Any new friends?"

At first he didn't say anything he just smiled like a lunatic. Then his mouth was running a million miles per second.

"There's this girl named Cassia and it's her birthday today and she brought muffins they were AMAZING Max you should've been there. And she's really pretty and smart and she has an older sister in your grade. Her sister bought her a matching outfit and they wore it to school today. She said they looked almost exactly the same. We ate half the thing of muffins on our own. Ohhh and Max she sits at the monkey bars everyday and watches her sister while she's at gym and she's at recess because she doesn't have any friends really except Lena her sister. I told you she had a sister right? And that she's pretty."

He went on like this for the whole time barely touching his sandwhich. When I was finally done lunch I went and changed only to come back to the girl I had been thinking of all day.

"You seemed so quick to get rid of me earlier I didn't get your name."

She looked around as if I was talking to someone else and I just smiled.

"It's Lena."

"Well Lena, my names Max."

I held my hand out hoping she'd take it and not just walk away. She shook it and then went to the starting line. I sighed standing up when Ky got my attention.

"That's Lena her sister!" Shouted Ky.

I just smiled more happy that I knew more about her than I originally thought.

"I have this feeling you're stalking me." She said calmly.

"Such a pretty girl deserves a few stalkers."

"You seem like an affectionate stalker to me."

I laughed smiling at her and she seemed to pause but it was so brief I must've imagined it.

"How bout I make you a bet? If I beat you around the track you go on a date with me."

She laughed rolling my eyes and I resisted the urge to laugh with her. Her laugh was light and bubbly and carried on the wind.

"And if I win?"

I bit my lip considering the odds of her beating me. I was the fastest on my track and field team last year I should be able to beat her.

"I will do whatever you want."

She nodded and smiled a thousand kilowatt smile. "Deal!" She yelled and before I knew it she was gone.

"Cheater!!" I shouted. She just laughed and kept going. I was gaining on her. I wanted to win this. I really wanted to take her on a date. She noticed and sped up.

"Damn it" I thought as she crossed the line just before me.

"I would've won."

She grins rolling her eyes.

"I'll let you know what it is I want you to do then I just have to think a bit."

I just nodded. I was breathing a little harder than usual. I had started smoking again because of the stress of having to take care of Ky even more now. He doesn't fit in as easily and I can't help him at all whch is hard within itself. It hurts seeing your little broher cry and your parents don't even care.